Menu

Quick question about combining history......

Mercy_Me

Hi guys! I am homeschooling my 8 year old and beginning next week, my 10 year old. I have purchased separate math, reading, writing and spelling, but I would love to combine history. We are using Gombrich's A Little History of the World as a spine and I supplement with books, activities, DVDs, etc. What I would like to do is continue the way we are going with the 10 year old as well, and simply tailor her activities to her fifth grade level. I like the idea of bringing her back to the beginning and going forth in chronological order, but with her already being in fifth grade, would I be doing her a disservice?

Thanks in advance!! :001_smile:

I'm not familiar with A Little History of the World but I can answer your other question. You are NOT doing your 10yo a disservice by starting her at the beginning of History. As long as you keep her work at her level, you'll do fine. Good for you, mom, for taking the initiative to do what you believe is right for your kiddos!