Menu

Ideas for TV Series for 12 yo DD-Netflix

I'm looking for ideas for TV series that I can order from Netflix for my 12 yo daughter.

She liked some older sitcoms like Gilligan's Island and The Cosby Show. Recently we've been watching Christy. (An aside, does that series end abruptly?)

I've watched hardly any TV between The Love Boat and Chuck so I'm seriously in the dark. ;)

My dd still loves Little House on the Prairie. She also loves Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, Land of the Lost, Brady Bunch, Lost in Space, Star Trek the Next Generation. I recently ordered Isis (anyone remember that!?!) and Wonder Woman. The cheesy 70s stuff was very funny for me to watch, but she was in to it. And Land of the Lost was almost unwatchable for me, but the kids loved it. I would have thought they'd be too techno sophisticated, but nope.

My girls greatly enjoyed Avatar: The Last Airbender (there was recently a movie, The Last Airbender, based on the TV series, but the movie was not very good). It's an animated series with a major story line spread over three seasons, and all episodes are available on Netflix Instant View.

Edited by nmoira
typo

Full House

The Waltons

Famiy

Eight is Enough

Forgot to list:

Monk (my kids love this show)

The Muppet Show (Some great conversations about the stars that made guest appearances.)

Plus, adding my vote for The Last Airbender (we all loved this series)

Edited by kewb

My girls greatly enjoyed Avatar: The Last Airbender (there was recently a movie, The Last Airbender, based on the TV series, but the movie was not very good). It's and animated series with a major story line spread over three seasons, and all episodes are available on Netflix Instant View.

:iagree: Both my kids LOVE that TV series! They also like Stargate:SG1, Murder She Wrote, and occaisionally Flipper. You also might like to check out Lois & Clark, Xena: Warrior Princess, and MacGyver.

Road to Avonlea

YES!

There was also a series based on the Man from Snowy River movie that was pretty good. Not sure if it is on Netflix and maybe not so much a kids show.

One of my favorites (I even watched it in college!) was the claymation show Wind in the Willows. It was on PBS. The little figures were just so cute and Mr. Toad was so funny!