Menu

Pretty baskets and organizing containers?

Here is what I am going to do for my ds 2

He has lots of small toys with lots of parts...wooden trains, matchbox cars, blocks, etc...So I am going to sew some drawstring bags for each thing and then have them hanging on hooks in his room. They will be out of his reach so they won't become jumbled and all dumped out at the same time, but they won't be sitting on the floor either, taking up valuable floor space.

Here is a site that shows how to make the drawstring bags. I will vary the size some though, since these will be too small.

http://reannalilydesigns.blogspot.com/2009/10/fat-quarter-drawstring-backpack.html

Guest Alte Veste Academy

My favorite baskets come from IKEA. I go to the store (and can't actually find my fave online right now). I have big baskets that are about 2' long by 1' deep by 1' tall. Three of them fit perfectly under my coffee table and we're doing a lot of work there these days. This basket also comes in 2 smaller sizes and they make a chest with a lid too.

I have baskets in the kids' drawers to separate socks, undies, bathing suits, etc. I have baskets for art supplies, games, etc. If it's plastic, it's behind closed doors in my house but the baskets are everywhere.

If I can remember the name of my basket, I'll edit.