Menu

Can I wear this to a reunion described as "casual"?

It's my 20 year hs reunion. The whole class is getting together at someone's home (only 70 in my graduation class). Here's the description:

Mexican Fiesta...Come casual! Bring a sweater because part of the evening will be outside.

I bought an outfit to wear, but now the TX weather looks like it will be too warm for it. I had purchased some nice denim trousers, a white cami and a red light weight sweater with ruffles (Eddie Bauer). Now I'm concerned that I'll get way to hot!

I already have a knit dress that looks nice, but I'm not sure if it's too dressy for something "casual."

Here it is. I actually have it in both solid black and blueberry. Any opinions on whether this will be too dressy for the occasion? Also, if I do wear the dress, should my huband wear jeans and a polo or khakis and a polo?

http://www.softsurroundingsoutlet.com/P/Tall_Shapely_Surplice_Dress/

Thanks!

It's my 20 year hs reunion. The whole class is getting together at someone's home (only 70 in my graduation class). Here's the description:

Mexican Fiesta...Come casual! Bring a sweater because part of the evening will be outside.

I bought an outfit to wear, but now the TX weather looks like it will be too warm for it. I had purchased some nice denim trousers, a white cami and a red light weight sweater with ruffles (Eddie Bauer). Now I'm concerned that I'll get way to hot!

I already have a knit dress that looks nice, but I'm not sure if it's too dressy for something "casual."

Here it is. I actually have it in both solid black and blueberry. Any opinions on whether this will be too dressy for the occasion? Also, if I do wear the dress, should my huband wear jeans and a polo or khakis and a polo?

http://www.softsurroundingsoutlet.com/P/Tall_Shapely_Surplice_Dress/

Thanks!

Both outfits are cute! As for the TX weather, we were outside at a ballgame last night from 8P until after 10P and it got really chilly. I think your sweater and cami would be just fine if it's an evening party. I'm not sure which part of TX you're talking about, though...I'm near Austin.

Both outfits are cute! As for the TX weather, we were outside at a ballgame last night from 8P until after 10P and it got really chilly. I think your sweater and cami would be just fine if it's an evening party. I'm not sure which part of TX you're talking about, though...I'm near Austin.

I'm in Dallas, and the forecast says the high Saturday will be 89. Part of the evening will be outside. Don't know how that compares to Austin. I wonder how much cooler it will be from 7-10. Surely not 89, but I just don't know.

Either outfit would be fine. Wear whichever one makes you FEEL better. When you feel good about what you're wearing, it shows.

As for hubby, if you decide to wear the dress, put him in the khakis. If you wear the denim, he can wear jeans.

Have fun!

IME, having lived in Dallas for 8 years, the dress would be considered casual if you wear the right shoes, minimal accessories, and put on a casual attitude! I like the print.

Jeans would be too casual. It is a reunion, after all, and you want to knock

'em dead, right?:D

Khakis are casual for men there.

Oh, and it probably won't get under 78 degrees, if it's 89 during the day. IDK about you, but anything above 70, and I don't want a sweater.

IME, having lived in Dallas for 8 years, the dress would be considered casual if you wear the right shoes, minimal accessories, and put on a casual attitude! I like the print.

Jeans would be too casual. It is a reunion, after all, and you want to knock

'em dead, right?:D

Khakis are casual for men there.

Oh, and it probably won't get under 78 degrees, if it's 89 during the day. IDK about you, but anything above 70, and I don't want a sweater.

:iagree: My experience in Dallas was that casual there was a whole lot less casual than it is in some other parts of the country. I'd probably wear the dress. Have fun!