Menu

Multi quoting

I'm not sure if there's a tutorial on it or not. But just click the multi-quote button (just to the right of the quote button) for the posts you want to quote. Then you can either select quote from the last post that you want to multi-quote, or click the "post reply" button as usual.

I'm not sure if there's a tutorial on it or not. But just click the multi-quote button (just to the right of the quote button) for the posts you want to quote. Then you can either select quote from the last post that you want to multi-quote, or click the "post reply" button as usual.

just practicing, never quoted before!

How is this done?

Is there a "how to" section on this board or are we supposed to figure how to do things we don't know how to do. I can't find one.

I think I've got it. You have to click each post that you want to quote from, right?

Hey, I never knew there was a multi-quote button!

I always open a document in Apple works, copy and paste everything into that, and then when it's done I copy and paste it into the reply box.

This has the additional advantage of meaning that if the system goes belly up I haven't lost my post. That hasn't happened to me here, but it has on other forums; it's very discouraging to spend time and care typing something up only to have it disappear.

I still haven't figured out how to do this when the quotes are on different pages. When I click to the next page, I lose any quotes I had chosen from the page before. Any suggestions? Am I asking for too much? :tongue_smilie:

I always open a document in Apple works, copy and paste everything into that, and then when it's done I copy and paste it into the reply box.

This has the additional advantage of meaning that if the system goes belly up I haven't lost my post. That hasn't happened to me here, but it has on other forums; it's very discouraging to spend time and care typing something up only to have it disappear.

I still have to think about, so I am trying again. If you hover the mouse over the little quote marks that are next to the work "quote", it will say multi quote or something like that. So click each one you want to quote, then click on one of the posts where it says "quote". They should all appear in the message box.

Guest FredWald
Don't think you can do a quote across multiple pages.. can you?

hey it didn't include my quotes... Oh do you have to select quote message in reply...?

hmmm that didn't work.

Guest FredWald
How is this done?

Is there a "how to" section on this board or are we supposed to figure how to do things we don't know how to do. I can't find one.

I still haven't figured out how to do this when the quotes are on different pages. When I click to the next page, I lose any quotes I had chosen from the page before. Any suggestions? Am I asking for too much? :tongue_smilie:

I still have to think about, so I am trying again. If you hover the mouse over the little quote marks that are next to the work "quote", it will say multi quote or something like that. So click each one you want to quote, then click on one of the posts where it says "quote". They should all appear in the message box.

Oh I see, you can't use the Quick Reply to do a multi-quote..

Don't think you can do a quote across multiple pages.. can you?

You should be able to. After selecting what you wanted to quote from one page, just go to the next, and continue to select the posts you want to quote.

ETA: Never mind, I didn't see your last post before posting this. :tongue_smilie:

You should be able to. After selecting what you wanted to quote from one page, just go to the next, and continue to select the posts you want to quote.

ETA: Never mind, I didn't see your last post before posting this. :tongue_smilie:

How is this done?

Just practicing! I even did them on both pages! I always wondered how others were doing this!

How is this done?

Oh yah, the little plus sign means you can click as many as you want. Add them up.

Just practicing! I even did them on both pages! I always wondered how others were doing this!

Well alrighty. I think I finally figured it out. :)

How is this done?

Cool! I'm practicing, too. But, who was it that said something about a little plus sign? I don't see that, even though what I just did appears to be working.

Cool! I'm practicing, too. But, who was it that said something about a little plus sign? I don't see that, even though what I just did appears to be working.

My multi-quote button has a plus sign on it and when I click on it, the blue background turns red and the plus sign changes to a minus sign. Also, I have to hit the multi-quote button on most of the posts I want to quote and then the quote button on the last one. Took me a while to figure out!

(I say my multi-quote button because you may have different tools based on how you view the board--this is what works for me in linear.)

• 1 month later...
How is this done?

Now that was creative! :D

Just practicing!

Janet

See how easy it is to twist words :)!

(I was recently misquoted in a local paper (no big deal, but still...), so I'm particularly aware of those sorts of things right now!)

Now that was creative! :D

Just a test.

Ok. I just HAD to try this out too. I think I did it! woot! woot!

How is this done?

I wrote a little mini tutorial in this thread and plan to add to it when I get a chance.

I was actually hoping other people would jump in to the thread and post something that they know to help others but the thread just kind of died.

just testing

I think I've got it. You have to click each post that you want to quote from, right?

By George me thinks it worked.

Oh yah, the little plus sign means you can click as many as you want. Add them up.

Great thread, I was just wondering how to do that.

Still learning...just wanted to test the "multi quote"

I think

maybe

Oh I see, you can't use the Quick Reply to do a multi-quote..

I'm getting it