Menu

Elemental Biology - how long is this taking?

abrightmom

:001_smile: I would like to add some science for my Science Hungry 2nd grader. We are loving Adventures in My Father's World, even the science, but the science is light.

I'm thinking about Elemental Bio. Just wondering how long you are spending on this each week and what your schedule looks like?

Her proposed schedule looks good (very doable). Are you able to complete the weekly work in her proposed time frames?

Thanks!:D

We love Elemental Science! It takes anywhere from 15-35 minutes, depending on whether or not we have an experiment. We do it daily, four days a week. If you do more than one lesson each day, it may take longer. We are 7 weeks in and have already studied lots of neat animals and done some really cool experiments. We also watched caterpillars turn to butterflies. We are having so much fun!

If I add nothing extra, then we spend 20 to 30 minutes two times a week on it and that's it. That is enough to read about an animal, narrate about it, and write that narration down for two children. One day we read about 2 animals, and the next day we read about one animal and do the experiment.