Menu

The things I never knew about my spouse . . . anyone else?

I didn't find this out recently... but it took almost 10 yrs of marriage for me to learn/him to tell me. There used to be several meals that "d"h just wasn't too enthusiastic about kwim? He did eat them, but never as much as he normally ate and the leftovers just sat in the fridge even when he was hungry. Turns out, he just didn't like cream of chicken soup or anything made with it! It was one of the main staples of my pantry and I LOVED using it because I liked it. Don't know why he waited so long to tell me he just didn't like it at all... I switched to cream of celery and everything was good to go, lol!

I still remember the night my dad told my mom he didn't really like meatloaf, after she'd been serving it to him for about 30 years. ;)

About the sock issue: In sharing this thread with my dh, I realized that I have not only found out about his sink-cleaning phobia this week, but he also makes sure the socks go back on the same feet. Thanks to this thread, he's getting stranger by the minute :)

I've been reading 9 Chickweed Lane all year, totally caught up in the romance and the drama, and the espionage (etc.)

Come to find out, dh has been reading it too! We don't get the paper. I get it from my mom (who cuts it out of her paper and saves it for me). Dh looks it up on the internet!

I couldn't believe that he read it (it's romance, after all!) And, I couldn't believe that we were both reading it all year and neither of us knew the other was reading it. Made me wonder what else we have in common that I don't know about. So, I started singing:

Do you like pina coladas? Or getting caught in the rain. . . ."

:001_smile:

I made meatloaf a during the first 5 years we were married. Each time, DH would tell me how good it was. Later, he'd mention it needed "a little something".

So I'd tweak the recipe every time, working blind because DH didn't know what the "little something" was. Around the time I could no longer recall my original recipe (which I thought was delicious), DH admitted he did not like meatloaf. Now when I make it, I cook his meatloaf in a pan and serve it with brown gravy. He likes it. The only differences are that it is not covered with catsup or baked in the oven.

Now when I make something new, DH tells me how good it is, and I ask him whether he would like me to fix recipe again. If he says no, that means he really didn't like it.

I've been reading 9 Chickweed Lane all year, totally caught up in the romance and the drama, and the espionage (etc.)

Come to find out, dh has been reading it too! We don't get the paper. I get it from my mom (who cuts it out of her paper and saves it for me). Dh looks it up on the internet!

I couldn't believe that he read it (it's romance, after all!) And, I couldn't believe that we were both reading it all year and neither of us knew the other was reading it. Made me wonder what else we have in common that I don't know about. So, I started singing:

Do you like pina coladas? Or getting caught in the rain. . . ."

:001_smile:

That is really funny!