Menu

Acts of Kindness for Henry (Info Inside)

I've seen this all over my Facebook page. It's such a sad, sad story. I'll be participating. And, I'll be talking with my kids about drugs. A lot. (We already do!)

As I was watching the video, I was crying and my 4 yo asked what was wrong. Our conversation ended with her asking, "What are drugs, mommy?" Yea. Try explaining to a 4 yo.

Unfortunately, we know another boy who just lost his life to drugs. He was 19 and a member of our church. My dd remembered and said, "Oh yes. Just like XXX!" Yes dear. Just like XXX.

Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Gosh, what a touching story!

I've seen this all over my Facebook page. It's such a sad, sad story. I'll be participating. And, I'll be talking with my kids about drugs. A lot. (We already do!)

As I was watching the video, I was crying and my 4 yo asked what was wrong. Our conversation ended with her asking, "What are drugs, mommy?" Yea. Try explaining to a 4 yo.

Unfortunately, we know another boy who just lost his life to drugs. He was 19 and a member of our church. My dd remembered and said, "Oh yes. Just like XXX!" Yes dear. Just like XXX.

Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

It is just tragic -- but what a positive way to remember Henry on his birthday. I talked with my kids the day after Henry died.....we all watched the video.......and we have talked about him sporadically since then. Tonight at dinner, I brought up that tomorrow is his birthday and told them about the 'act of kindness' plan. Yes, it is horrible, absolutely horrible -- what unfathomable pain for these families.

I read the story when it was linked here previously. I sat and cried as I read. Tonight I was already crying about something else when I opened this thread. It's a good cry, a cleansing one, so I cried some more and read it again.

Now if I can stop crying I'll go talk to ds and we'll figure out what to do tomorrow.

I read the story when it was linked here previously. I sat and cried as I read. Tonight I was already crying about something else when I opened this thread. It's a good cry, a cleansing one, so I cried some more and read it again.

Now if I can stop crying I'll go talk to ds and we'll figure out what to do tomorrow.

:grouphug::grouphug: It is interesting isn't it.........the story, the scenario, is absolutely heartbreaking. I sat frozen for a little while back in May when I heard (it WAS the middle of the night), and I cried and cried, but first thing in the morning, I had to talk to my kids.:grouphug::grouphug:

Thank you for sharing this with us, Mariann.

Henry and Katie's story has impacted me in ways that I cannot explain. I am honored to be able to celebrate Henry's birthday tomorrow.

Crissy -- Thank you for such a gracious response. And, yes, I must agree, I am unable to explain why Henry and Katie's has impacted me the way it has....but it has.