Menu

Singapore....U.S. or Standards Edition?

cam112198

There gave been innumerable threads on the subject.

My advice? Get the Workbook, Textbook, and HIG (home instructors guide) from the Standards Edition. And then order the IP books from the corresponding level of the US Edition if you feel that your child is bright and will respond to work with additional challenge. Or get the Extra Practice books from the SE if you feel your child might need extra work on the basic level.

Bill

It's hard to say because they are so similar. The Standards ed. has all the same topics in the US ed., but they're rearranged. They're are also a handful of topics introduced earlier in the Standards than in the US ed. Standards has a much better HIG (IMO) and the textbooks are all in color, versus the textbooks for the US are only full color from 1A-2B. I know that Jenny, who is the author of the HIG's and the moderator of the Singaporemath.com forums usually recommends the Standards ed. for people who are new to Singapore Primary Math. I know there is a full side-by-side scope and sequence on the singaporemath.com website. I don't have the exact link, but it's under the FAQ section. HTH!

There gave been innumerable threads on the subject.

My advice? Get the Workbook, Textbook, and HIG (home instructors guide) from the Standards Edition. And then order the IP books from the corresponding level of the US Edition if you feel that your child is bright and will respond to work with additional challenge. Or get the Extra Practice books from the SE if you feel your child might need extra work on the basic level.

Bill

I didn't think to do a search about it until after I posted my question. :-) I did find some good information.

Thanks for your help guys! I am leaning towards the Standards edition.