Menu

New Here....Looking for friendship and encouragement. :)

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for a little while now and I thought it was time to introduce myself. I have 4 children, ages 14g, 10g, 8g and 3b. This is our first year homeschooling. I brought my 8 year old home from public school at the beginning of the current school year and in a week or so I will be pulling my 10 year old out. She is a social butterfly, so I know this will be an adjustment for her, but this is, by far, the best choice. My 14 year old will remain in public school, with fun activities at home to supplement her learning; the 3 year old will be learning by osmosis. :)

I am not religious, so thus far, I am not exactly popular in my bible belt homeschooling community. :P I am in desperate need of encouragement, and above all, friendship. I know I will have tons of questions, and having a place where I can come to ask them is wonderful. I look forward to getting to know you guys! :)

hey to ya!! one year to this hs stuff...it does get better!

it is a bit of what the ?? with the local groups sometimes....but they do have some knowledge...lol don't throw the baby out with the bathwater so to say

I have boys 14 and 12 and social butterfly twin girls 11...and they love homeschooling!! all of them...more than I imagined??

pop over to my blog in the siggy, and ask questions!! keep asking then ask more!!

LOL! Yes, I have been trying to keep up with those; it can get a little confusing. :001_smile: I have already seen by lurking that the curriculum board is going to be invaluable. I don't oppose religion being a topic in a book, of course not, but when it is the central theme of a book, and proselytizing that theme, it's not going to serve our needs. I would prefer to know that BEFORE I spend money out of an already tight budget!

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for a little while now and I thought it was time to introduce myself. I have 4 children, ages 14g, 10g, 8g and 3b. This is our first year homeschooling. I brought my 8 year old home from public school at the beginning of the current school year and in a week or so I will be pulling my 10 year old out. She is a social butterfly, so I know this will be an adjustment for her, but this is, by far, the best choice. My 14 year old will remain in public school, with fun activities at home to supplement her learning; the 3 year old will be learning by osmosis. :)

I am not religious, so thus far, I am not exactly popular in my bible belt homeschooling community. :P I am in desperate need of encouragement, and above all, friendship. I know I will have tons of questions, and having a place where I can come to ask them is wonderful. I look forward to getting to know you guys! :)

Welcome. You will find quite a mix of people here at the WTM boards. Ask away. We love to share our encouragement, opinions, and experiences.

Welcome :) I am homeschooling a girl who just turned 10. She, too, had gone to public school up until age 8. I pulled her out of third grade toward the end of that year (in March) and have been happily homeschooling ever since. (We finished homeschooling for third grade, homeschooled for all of fourth, and now fifth).

I have a boy who will be 5 next month, and he'll be homeschooled right from the beginning.

My oldest is 18 and has gone to school her whole life- she's currently in a special needs/life skills school, which is a good fit for her.

We're not religious either. And we've got a pretty relaxed style of homeschooling. But fortunately we've been able to find a pretty inclusive homeschool group (even though most of them are Christians, they are inclusive and the focus of the group's get togethers never has anything to do with religion) and things are going well. :)

Hey, Friend! I live in the Bible Belt, too -- but I like it that way ; ) -- so maybe we're neighbors!

Welcome to the place where I come for high-5s, an endless source of info on whatever I'm seeking answers to be it a recipe, curriculum or parenting questions and sometimes just a place to write and expect no answer but just a silent voice of support! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do with your journey in homeschooling!

Hey!!! I'm new to the board, too and my brain is spinning with all the abbreviations...help! Where can I find what they all mean??

Hi and welcome! :001_smile: On the K-8 curriculum board, there is an abbreviation sticky at the very top. Hope this helps!