Menu

Sandy in VA--need help with wording of "no gifts" party invitation!

Hi--

I've been off the boards since October and when I came back I found them in this weird, hard-to-use format and I just plain haven't had time to learn how to navigate here.

Anyway, back in July 2007 (I'm pretty sure), Sandy in VA wrote about how her daughter had a "no-gifts" party and instead the kids went to the animal shelter and any gifts that were brought were for the animals.

My 11yo dd would like to do a similar thing but I need help with the wording. None of my kids needs anything and they'd like to help a good cause. All three are animal-lovers so we might do this more than once.

Help, please!

presents.

You're supposed to talk about it only in person, and only if asked.

So you just send the invitation out, and then if someone calls and asks what your DD would like you tell them. And, you mention this to several of your most gossipy friends as well, so that they can get the word out.

Hi--

I've been off the boards since October and when I came back I found them in this weird, hard-to-use format and I just plain haven't had time to learn how to navigate here.

Anyway, back in July 2007 (I'm pretty sure), Sandy in VA wrote about how her daughter had a "no-gifts" party and instead the kids went to the animal shelter and any gifts that were brought were for the animals.

My 11yo dd would like to do a similar thing but I need help with the wording. None of my kids needs anything and they'd like to help a good cause. All three are animal-lovers so we might do this more than once.

Help, please!

What a great idea!

Maybe you could just say, "The only gift required is your attendance. A donation for the animal shelter is appreciated." and you could enclose a list of things the shelter needs.

HTH,

Adrianne