Menu

I have an apocalyptic statement to make!

The plethora of creepy, horror snake stories feels like some sort of plague of punishment!

I AM VERY, VERY, VERY SORRY FOR EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER DONE AND WILL EVER DO ! PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSSSSE DO NOT SEND A SNAKE TO MY HOUSE!

There,

Faith - now feeling better for having purged her soul in the hopes of warding off evil slitherersby.

We've had a snake in our house for about a week - but it's on purpose. :tongue_smilie: After two years of wheedling and begging (I kept thinking it was a whim that would pass...), we finally gave in and got my dd a ball python. :001_huh: This is a pet I never expected to have... especially with three dds...

I'm actually happy it's a big snake and will have a harder time escaping or hiding than a little one would.

We had a wild milk snake in our house a few years back. Not poisonous, but :eek::willy_nilly::svengo:

Every so often, I worry about snakes coming up through the plumbing -- specifically, the toilet. :eek:

As we've never had any snakes in our house, intentionally or otherwise, I don't know where this anxiety comes from. I guess it's just a reminder that anything is possible and I should be prepared. :D

I'm getting the creepy crawlies just reading this thread! Can't stand things that crawl. Well except babies of course.

Somebody please tell me snakes can't climb stairs. It may be the only time I'll be glad I live on the 4th flooor with no elevator.

I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight either.

Lol, there are plenty of deadly snakes in Australia (including the world's most deadly) but only 2-3 people a year die from snake bites- far less than bee stings. I was at a poisonous snake demonstration the other day and I saw some really deadly ones slithering around the handler's boots. The thing is, if you bandage the limb and get to hospital, they have anti venom- well, I hope for your sake that they do in America :) They do here :) Snake venom moves very slowly through the lymphatic system, rather than the circulatory system, so you have quite a lot of time to get to hospital.

The handler had a couple of deadly ones there that if they bit him, we (spectators) would have to get him to hospital quickly. However he said not to worry about our own safety because it was mostly snake handlers who get bitten!

Snakes are generally non aggressive and will only bite if you step on them. They are blind and will usually move away when they feel you coming.

Its a primal sort of fear though, isnt it? I know the few times I have come across them in the bush, my heart has started thumping in my chest.

We have a pet snake though- a very docile, easy going, non poisonous python called Monty- and I have come to really love snakes.

Every so often, I worry about snakes coming up through the plumbing -- specifically, the toilet. :eek:

I used to work at a video store which was right next to a pet store.

I don't know what kind of snake it was, but I do know that it was BIG and that it DID manage to get into the plumbing and work its way into the toilet (where it got STUCK and had to be removed) of where I worked.

The screams from the person who was sitting on the toilet at the time were not mine. Thank God!

RhondaM.

Maybe she saw one get by her. :blink::leaving:

Dear GOD!:svengo:

She did see one LAST YEAR sunning himself near the backdoor. He had a huge HUGE belly bump. My hubby went to kill hiim (yep we are snake killers). THe poor snake regurgitated his lunch in the attempt to escape. IT was a frog that then HOPPED AWAY!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe that has left an impression and it's that time of the year of again.

Oh, trust me...I almost moved out! I am not okay with slithering things. But, I have convinced myself that it must have found a way back outside...right? C'mon, help me sleep tonight...RIGHT??? :001_huh:

Yes, of course it went back outside! There's nothing for it to eat in your house! It would starve. Surely the snake would know that. Sheesh. :D

Dear GOD!:svengo:

She did see one LAST YEAR sunning himself near the backdoor. He had a huge HUGE belly bump. My hubby went to kill hiim (yep we are snake killers). THe poor snake regurgitated his lunch in the attempt to escape. IT was a frog that then HOPPED AWAY!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe that has left an impression and it's that time of the year of again.

Oh my word :lol::lol: Did you see that frog get down on its little knees and say a prayer in thanks for its lucky day?

I used to work at a video store which was right next to a pet store.

I don't know what kind of snake it was, but I do know that it was BIG and that it DID manage to get into the plumbing and work its way into the toilet (where it got STUCK and had to be removed) of where I worked.

The screams from the person who was sitting on the toilet at the time were not mine. Thank God!

RhondaM.

:scared::scared:

Snakes are generally non aggressive and will only bite if you step on them. They are blind and will usually move away when they feel you coming.

We have a pet snake though- a very docile, easy going, non poisonous python called Monty- and I have come to really love snakes.

what a great post : )

snakes are pretty non aggressive; we're bigger than they are! but most of them can see. i'm curious which one he had that was blind (there are a few). they have no ears, though, so they can't "hear", but definitely feel the vibrations.

wish i could have been a fly on the wall!

ann