Menu

My big fat book score!

A gal on my local Freecycle loop posted she had boxes of books to give away. She posted pictures of the boxes, so I could see most of the titles. I didn't want all of what she had, but I took them all just to get the ones I wanted. Turns out, she recognized my name because we have mutual FB friends!

I got 22 Harvard Classics, most look like they've never been opened! I got 8 books from The Classics Club. I got The Story of Art by Gombrich, as well as too many other titles to list (mostly commercial fiction). There are still 6 boxes of books in my car I'll disburse to friends this week, if they want them. Most of what's left are romance books, popular fiction and authors I've never heard of.

I'm so excited about my score!

A gal on my local Freecycle loop posted she had boxes of books to give away. She posted pictures of the boxes, so I could see most of the titles. I didn't want all of what she had, but I took them all just to get the ones I wanted. Turns out, she recognized my name because we have mutual FB friends!

I got 22 Harvard Classics, most look like they've never been opened! I got 8 books from The Classics Club. I got The Story of Art by Gombrich, as well as too many other titles to list (mostly commercial fiction). There are still 6 boxes of books in my car I'll disburse to friends this week, if they want them. Most of what's left are romance books, popular fiction and authors I've never heard of.

I'm so excited about my score!

How cool. When we are settled in our new house, I'd love to get a set of the Harvard Classics. Makes me feel smart just thinking about owning them.

You could always list the left overs on Paperback Swap and use the credits to buy stuff you do want.