Menu

Does anyone have any good recipes they would like to share?

Does anyone have any good recipes for Halloween, and Thanksgiving? I am looking at mostly Halloween right now and I have some old recipes but want to start with something new.

I am looking for:

Apple Pie (homemade)

Pumpkin Pie

and idk alot of other recipes that will make my family and friends happy to eat!

I have been looking at the foodnetwork site a lot, are there any other good sites for these types of recipes?

Thanks!

For this time of year, I like to make roasted root vegetables.

I peel and chop sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots, rutabagas, or other root veggies. Then I toss them in olive oil and pressed garlic and sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Roast them on a shallow pan in the oven at 325 degrees until softened and browned. Yummy!

Also, I've seen cute Halloween recipes in magazines at the library, so you might want to check there.

I make this every year. It is soooooo yummy and everyone loves it!

Pumpkin Roll

3 eggs

1C. sugar

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

3/4C. pumpkin (from can)

1T. baking soda

3/4C. flour

1C. chopped walnuts

8oz cream cheese

2T. butter

1C. coolwhip

1 1/2 t. vanilla

1C. powdered sugar

Mix first 6 ingredients. Grease spots of jelly roll pan and line iwth wax paper. grease and flour wax paper. Pour in batter. Bake 15 minutes @375. Cool in pan 5-10 minutes then turn out onto lint free towel dusted with powdered sugar. Roll up and cool that way for 2 hours. Mix last set of ingredients to make filling. Unroll roll and spread in filling. Roll back up and chill overnight. Slice and enjoy!

In the past, we have made cupcakes, about 10 or so and put them in the shape of a jack o' lantern.

I put 9 cupcakes in a square, and they're iced with orange. Then, I make a face on the cupcakes with black icing. I usually put the black icing over the orange icing so I don't have to sit there planning out exactly what icing goes where.

Then I put 1 or 2 cupcakes on top with black icing on them as the stem.

I don't have a specific recipe since any cupcakes would work, but it is a pretty cool thing as a whole.

In the past, we have made cupcakes, about 10 or so and put them in the shape of a jack o' lantern.

I put 9 cupcakes in a square, and they're iced with orange. Then, I make a face on the cupcakes with black icing. I usually put the black icing over the orange icing so I don't have to sit there planning out exactly what icing goes where.

Then I put 1 or 2 cupcakes on top with black icing on them as the stem.

I don't have a specific recipe since any cupcakes would work, but it is a pretty cool thing as a whole.

That's pretty neat, and I know my little siblings and their friends will like that. We have a good cupcake recipe to go with that, thanks so much, I think I am ready to write my own recipe book!;)

This is great with cream cheese frosting!

PUMPKIN SHEET CAKE (Taste of Home)

Greased jelly roll pan 15x10x1

350 degrees for 25-30 minutes

Beat together:

16 oz can pumpkin

2 C sugar

1 cup oil

4 eggs, beaten

Combine, then add to wet ingredients:

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1/8 tsp cloves

1/8 tsp nutmeg

½ tsp salt

Apple Custard Pie

1cup sour cream

1 egg

2 tablespoons flour

3/4 cup sugar

1teaspoon vanilla

2 cups sliced apples

Mix the first six ingredients together and bake in a crust for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Then sprinkle with 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/3 cup firm butte that has been cut together with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Bake for 15 minutes or more at 325 degrees.

This is delicious:

From Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone

12 oz bag cranberries

2 peeled tangerines or an orange

(optional) 2 drops orange oil

1/2-3/4 cup sugar

salt

3 T finely chopped walnuts

(optional) 1 teas orange flower water ...this makes it SPECIAL

Wash berries, pulse with chopped peeled citrus in food processor to a

mince (or grind through a meat grinder), stir in the rest, starting with

1/2 cup sugar, and then taste. Add more sugar if needed. A little dab of honey is nice, too.

I eat this by the bowlful. It is good with cottage cheese for a quick lunch. Or, toast some WW bread, smear with cream cheese, and put a layer of this on.

It will keep for about 6 days, and doubles well.