Menu

1st Ed. WTM vs. 3rd Ed. WTM on Middle School Outlining

SoCal Sandra

I would go so far as to say the middle school outlining section is the most significant improvement between the 1st and 3rd editions. If outlining information is all you're looking for, the middle school writing lecture (available on the Peace Hill Press website) also has the outlining information.

ETA: Just fyi, other significant changes were made in the rhetoric level great books section. She suggested history spines for each year of the four year cycle.

Edited by Luann in ID

How significantly does the 3rd ed. improve upon the 1st ed. in its instruction on Middle School Outlining? TIA.

The 3rd ed. outlining instructions are the best! They include generic questions you can ask of each paragraph in order to get the main idea, sub details, and sub sub details. I have the questions posted by our computer so ds can use them.

The 3rd ed. outlining instructions are the best! They include generic questions you can ask of each paragraph in order to get the main idea, sub details, and sub sub details. I have the questions posted by our computer so ds can use them.

Last year we ditched our note taking and outlining resource that SWB recommended in the 3rd edition in favor of her outlining instructions in the book. It is really one of the best explanations I've seen and using it eliminated those worksheets my son loathes.