Menu

Help with this math question

My son and I keep getting an answer that does not agree with the Answer Key (unfortunately the answer key to Kinetic Books do not show the work). So here is the Pre-Algebra question:

Kahra is renting a copy machine. Two plans are offered. Plan A has a one time installation fee of $1920 and 1.5 cent per copy. Plan B has no installation fee, but has 4.5 cent per copy charge. What is the minimum number pages that would have to be copied for Plan A to be less than or equal to plan B?:confused:

Thanks for your help in advance.

Is the answer 64000 copies?

1920+.015x = .045x

1920 = .030x

1920/.030 = x

64000 = x

1920+(.015 x 64000) = .045(64000)

2880 = 2880

:iagree:

Although you'd set it up as an inequality.

Plan A <= Plan B

Prices are what's shown above.

My son and I keep getting an answer that does not agree with the Answer Key (unfortunately the answer key to Kinetic Books do not show the work). So here is the Pre-Algebra question:

Kahra is renting a copy machine. Two plans are offered. Plan A has a one time installation fee of $1920 and 1.5 cent per copy. Plan B has no installation fee, but has 4.5 cent per copy charge. What is the minimum number pages that would have to be copied for Plan A to be less than or equal to plan B?:confused:

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ah, Cleo did it better than I did, so pay no attention to me.

I'd love to be able to find copies for 4.5 cents, btw. :001_smile:

Edited by Susan in KY