Menu

Graphing Weather

Wheres Toto

This may be a really stupid questions but I'm wondering how people handle this. We just started graphing the weather each day but I'm wondering what you do when the weather changes during the course of the day. This happens a LOT around here - it starts off sunny, then rains; it rains, then gets sunny, it's sunny than we get a blizzard, etc. So, which weather do you use for the day? or do you graph 1/2 a space for each? Do you wait until the end of the day to graph it so you know for sure what the day is going to do? (our weather reporters are off quite a bit).

Thank you.

I think it depends on what your goal of the graphing experience. Is it to learn how to make a graph? are you serious about the weather? You could just pick a time of day, like breakfast and graph what it is at that point of the day. Or do two graphs, one at breakfast and one at lunchtime. There really is no one right way to do this kind of activityl