Menu

Anyone else here having...

You know those Fashion Don'ts in some magazines? Well, our day has been like that. My behavior has def. been a don't. Nothing like yelling at the kids to stop yelling and start having a better attitude. Huh? Happily God has blessed me with forgiving children - who also appreciate the humor of the situation. Not even going to go into what they did to help bring that on. How can so much chaos happen in such a short period of time?

Here's hoping we all have better Mondays!

Yep. My attempt at healthy breakfast smoothies backfired on me. Blueberries and strawberries, wheat germ, ground flax, protein powder, yogurt and a little milk. Pretty good until my blender dislodged a frozen strawberry that shot the top off and I now have purplish grainy goo all over my white kitchen cabinets.

Yeah, it's Monday.:glare:

Yep. My attempt at healthy breakfast smoothies backfired on me. Blueberries and strawberries, wheat germ, ground flax, protein powder, yogurt and a little milk. Pretty good until my blender dislodged a frozen strawberry that shot the top off and I now have purplish grainy goo all over my white kitchen cabinets.

Yeah, it's Monday.:glare:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm so sorry that happened to you, but man, I needed that laugh!!! I've sooooooo been there (mine was pumpkin shake).

My kids are having the first day back to school after 3 days (plus the weekend) off . WHY, oh WHY do I try to take breaks???? I should know better than that by now!

Let's see, I woke up this morning to my older son yelling, "HE STUCK HIS FOOT IN MY CEREAL" while my younger one cried, "BUT HE TURNED OFF THE COMPUTER IN THE MIDDLE OF MY GAME!!" This was at 7am. By 8am, my older son had finished HALF of his Singapore math. ????? Singapore? We do a lesson at a time! He had 14 problems to do. Currently, my 7 year old (who reads around a 6th grade level) has forgotten how to read. My 11 year old has forgotten how to focus on school work and seems to prefer to make a comment for every.other.word I read to my 7 year old for his school.

Add to that it is cold, I am running the electric heat (read: throwing money out the window), my hip hurts, and my sinuses are acting up. Yep...gonna be a great week. *sigh*

Oh I sure am. It started with the 15yo who didn't want to pack more than a baggie of cereal for lunch. Mind you, she has play practice after school until 5pm. Do you think she could make it to 5pm on breakfast, dry cereal and water? She thought she could.... :rolleyes:

And it's gray and rainy again today. Blech.

My kids are having the first day back to school after 3 days (plus the weekend) off . WHY, oh WHY do I try to take breaks???? I should know better than that by now!

Let's see, I woke up this morning to my older son yelling, "HE STUCK HIS FOOT IN MY CEREAL" while my younger one cried, "BUT HE TURNED OFF THE COMPUTER IN THE MIDDLE OF MY GAME!!" This was at 7am. By 8am, my older son had finished HALF of his Singapore math. ????? Singapore? We do a lesson at a time! He had 14 problems to do. Currently, my 7 year old (who reads around a 6th grade level) has forgotten how to read. My 11 year old has forgotten how to focus on school work and seems to prefer to make a comment for every.other.word I read to my 7 year old for his school.

Add to that it is cold, I am running the electric heat (read: throwing money out the window), my hip hurts, and my sinuses are acting up. Yep...gonna be a great week. *sigh*

I woke up to the twins playing soccer in their BEDROOM!!!!!! :glare: Not the way I want to wake up!!!!

I think I am, but it's thankfully not school related.

I ordered sports action photos of my sons at their summer swim conference back in mid-July.

When I noticed at the beginning of September that I hadn't gotten them, I called to inquire. I was told they'd be out within the next week.

They were, but they were not the photos I ordered; they were just a mish-mash of random shots, mostly of my younger son even though most I ordered were for my older son, who swam 3 times as many events. I ordered more of him not just because he swam more, but because it might be the last time he ever swam for that summer swim team.

After first arguing that those were the shots I picked, the owner of the company finally agreed that they were not what I ordered; that he had filled the order at random because he didn't have my order; then told me that they HAD FOUND MY ORDER and would remake the photos for me using the shots I ordered.

Last week, I got the remakes. Same shots with some of the worse ones removed. Still 3/4 of my younger son. Only 7 shots of my older son from one event: butterfly - his worst event and not one I would choose to have a lot of shots from. This was exactly the same as before. Oh, and they did go back and pull ONE shot of him doing breaststroke, so there are eight shots of him now in total. All the rest are of my younger son. No shots from either of his relays (four in two days); none from his free style events (2); none save one from his breaststroke events (2); none from his IM events (2).....

So I called back last week, several times, getting no response. I finally left a message over the weekend.

The owner called me back this morning, insisting that he has the order form and filled the order correctly. I've made an appointment to go and actually SEE it tomorrow. I can't decide at this point if he's just a pathological liar, because he did lie to me multiple times during round one of this - or whether his employees are somehow duping him.

I can't really believe that it's the employees, because I told him clearly and many times that my older son swam 12 events and that I had selected shots from all of them. If he in fact had my order form in his hand as he said he did, then he would have known from looking at the shots requested whether or not it was really my order vs. some made up order by an employee. Or he should have known that, at least.

He redid the posters with the SAME shots as before, adding only one from breaststroke. Why on earth would he think that I wouldn't notice that or that it would be okay with me when it wasn't okay before?

And now he's saying that because of all the time and effort he's had to put into this (as if that's my fault and I've inconvenienced him), he will not refund my money. I did not ask him to remake the same, INCORRECT work. He told me that the order form was found and that they could now fill the order correctly. He asked me if he could have a chance to remake the order correctly and so I told him yes. Now he says he's had to put too much time into this to issue a refund!

So tell me, am I losing my mind? Or is it just Monday?

Us too ... I thought I was doing so well too. I made myself get up once the boys woke me and get ready, thinking it'd make our day go more smoothly. But, ds#2 is grumpy with ds#1, and honestly, I think ds#1 is enjoying making ds#2 as grumpy. When ds#2 is grumpy, it can take all day for him to recover - he is a little, shall we say, rigid.

I'm just tired and grumpy from being big and pregnant. I need to make breakfast, but I have dishes to do first. And I'm still hoping we can get a normal start on school this morning, but I'm thinking it might not happen. Ironically, on days like this, it's better for us to do school because the boys are less likely to be pills than if I left them to play or entertain themselves. So, I have to tackle the grumpies at some point in time ...

One big, fat Monday. After a month of Jewish holidays. Big time Monday. Definitely a bang my head kind of Monday. Definitely a let's just forget it and play outside kind of Monday. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Still trying to get back on our normal sleep schedule. That would help!!! Hope Tuesday is more our kind of a day. :tongue_smilie:

Well, it didn't end as badly as it started :lol: There were some tears (how DARE I ask her do MORE percent word problems???) and grumps over grammar but a fun science activity (we're all about that :D ) and the making a cookie pyramid saved the day!

I hope for sunshine tomorrow...

Our day is finally done too ... it's been drizzly and dreary all day here, which I think only magnified the grumpiness. Ds#1 threw a fit over grammar; ds#2, though had many good moments, was very easily returned to the state of grumpiness by his brothers; and ds#3 was just ds#3 today. :lol: We did get everything done though - it is so much easier, at least with mine, to just push through. Now they are enjoying some TV and hoping that maybe the drizzle keeps up so they don't have batting practice (well, ds#1 is hoping it keeps up; ds#2 wants to go).

Wonder if the weather is playing a role...it was dreary and cold here today too. :(

We did get through school, but we finished at 4pm because I decided to take a sanity break and talk with a girl friend for almost 2 hours on the phone! LOL When we got back to it, we finished the day without incident.

I am hoping we all have a better day tomorrow!

Wonder if the weather is playing a role...it was dreary and cold here today too. :(

We did get through school, but we finished at 4pm because I decided to take a sanity break and talk with a girl friend for almost 2 hours on the phone! LOL When we got back to it, we finished the day without incident.

I am hoping we all have a better day tomorrow!

We finished at 3:45! This morning when I was trying to corral them all to start I made a comment about how I didn't want to finish at 4pm. When we finally finished history, I glanced at the clock and said, "Oh wow, it's only 3:45!" Tomorrow is a new day. :D I think we all met our quota for difficult days for a while. ;)

We have had a Monday and we didn't even get to school today. The kids and I have been visiting my parents for the last three weeks. I had intended to leave for home today but I have had a migraine each day for the last four days. I decided to postpone and leave tomorrow but I am feeling so lousy that I have changed our leaving day to Wed. We have a 4 or 5 day drive ahead of us so I need to make sure that I am migraine free before we embark on this adventure.

We are so ready to go home to see Daddy that this postponement has us all disappointed.

Definitely a Monday here. So, our money is tight, really tight. My gas tank is on E. I spend my last $35 putting gas in our truck, which means I'm pretty much broke until Thursday. I do this because ds17 finally begins private speech at Duke, which is an hour and a half from us. (We are in the middle of nowhere, and I'm used to the drive...no biggie.) I'm also really tight on time, really tight. I have people coming to my house that I have to interview for a position working with this same ds. I really need to be home preparing, but I work it out so I can basically get back home just in time to greet the people as they drive up.

I manage to find the clinic, which I don't usually go to...so I think, wow...what a great Monday. I'm on time, so life is good.

...Turns out I was a week early for the first appointment... :glare:

Three hours wasted - check

$35 (that should have been spent on milk, bread, etc to last until payday) wasted - check

Gasoline (that I will need in order to make it to Wednesday's co-op) wasted - check

Ugh...:tongue_smilie:

Definitely a Monday here. So, our money is tight, really tight. My gas tank is on E. I spend my last $35 putting gas in our truck, which means I'm pretty much broke until Thursday. I do this because ds17 finally begins private speech at Duke, which is an hour and a half from us. (We are in the middle of nowhere, and I'm used to the drive...no biggie.) I'm also really tight on time, really tight. I have people coming to my house that I have to interview for a position working with this same ds. I really need to be home preparing, but I work it out so I can basically get back home just in time to greet the people as they drive up.

I manage to find the clinic, which I don't usually go to...so I think, wow...what a great Monday. I'm on time, so life is good.

...Turns out I was a week early for the first appointment... :glare:

Three hours wasted - check

$35 (that should have been spent on milk, bread, etc to last until payday) wasted - check

Gasoline (that I will need in order to make it to Wednesday's co-op) wasted - check

Ugh...:tongue_smilie:

Oh Amy, that just stinks. :(