Menu

ES: Intro or Biology

OregonNative

I have a 1st and 3rd grader. Initially I was going to do separate programs, but am now thinking that maybe I will do them together. I looked at samples for both programs and it seems like there are a lot of activities. I like hands-on, but don't want to be overwhelmed. If you use this program do how many times a week do you do science?

I don't know how to beef up programs or slim them down-would I need to do either with Intro or Bio.?

With a 1st grader, you could do Bio instead of the Intro. I'm using Intro with a K'er and it works out well but I know she'll be ready for Bio next year.

We're doing Bio 4 days a week. The lessons plans are currently written for a 5 day a week schedule but I need to combine two days due to our weekly schedule. It's very easy to accomplish since it is mostly reading ,discussion, and then notebooking the narration. A simple experiment or two during the week and you are all done!