Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patchfire

Suppes logic - order?

So, a few months ago, I saw a recommendation somewhere (though I think it was on this board) for Patrick Suppes' logic texts. I bought Introduction to Logic & First Course in Mathematical Logic. The only problem I have is... I'm not sure in what order they should be done. "First" and "Introduction" both sort of imply they hold a place of primacy, and I haven't discerned the answer from studying the TOC.

Does anyone know in which order these should be done? If not a should, a recommendation of 'would?' TIA :)

So, a few months ago, I saw a recommendation somewhere (though I think it was on this board) for Patrick Suppes' logic texts. I bought Introduction to Logic & First Course in Mathematical Logic. The only problem I have is... I'm not sure in what order they should be done. "First" and "Introduction" both sort of imply they hold a place of primacy, and I haven't discerned the answer from studying the TOC.

Does anyone know in which order these should be done? If not a should, a recommendation of 'would?' TIA :)

I'll be paying attention to see what answers you get.

I have Mathematical Logic in my 7th grade Amazon folder and Intro Logic in 9th grade. I must have read somewhere that the one was easier (or harder) than the other, or they would be in the same wishlist, with a note about researching further. It's been a while, though, because I don't remember when I put them in their lists.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin