Menu

MP3 Player or IPOD help... Just got a ZEN for my birthday...

Okay, I really wanted an MP3 player. My mom, sister and sister-in-law went in together and got me a Creative Zen Stone. I have sat here feeling like a COMPLETE IDIOT trying to figure it out. I finally got a cd loaded on it, only to find that for browsing music - you can only browse the cd totally. In other words, I can't see a list of all the songs. I have to click through each song. My ds has one of the bigger IPODS with screen 80 gig I think. I don't need something like that. I just want something that I can click through my songs and pick what I want to hear. Is that only an IPOD thing? Another question... my dh got me an ITunes gift card to go with this because I wanted some American Idol downloads. Can I use ITunes with a Zen? I am officially an old mom. I remember my dad asking me how to use the VCR and I thought he was a complete idiot. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Yes, you can use an ITunes card with a Zen. I download lectures off iTunesU all the time and listen to them on my Zen. Not sure how to help you will the track scrolling. I have an older, 1G Zen Nano, and I can only scroll by tracks one. at. a. time. Can't see albums at all. Rather annoying, but I usually use it to record lectures (or the kids) or to listen to a specific lesson or to go walking with a music mix. My dh has a Zen V Plus (2G) and he can view by album and by track. (He said go to album view then track view.) He said it took him some playing to figure out how the different view modes work. Have fun playing.

I don't have a Zen, but I feel your pain. When I got first got my mp3 (a Zune), I tried going online to find info, which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. I ended up investing in a "Zune for Dummies" kind of book. I know sometimes libraries carry these, in case you get desperate.:001_smile: