Menu

Reason number 45786 I'm glad my kids don't ride a school bus.

Teen Stabbed on Durham School Bus

Durham, N.C. — A school-bus argument between two Hillside High School students escalated into a stabbing that left one injured and the other in custody Friday afternoon.

A 14-year-old and 15-year-old boy got into the argument while riding on Durham Public Schools bus #94 near the intersection of Fayetteville and Pilot streets shortly before 3 p.m., said Kammie Michael, a spokesperson for Durham police.

The younger teen stabbed the older boy in the back with a pocket knife, according to a preliminary investigation.

The victim was taken to Duke University Medical Center. His injuries were considered non-life-threatening, Michael said.

Authorities took the 14-year-old into custody.

Officials withheld the names of the juveniles involved as the investigation continued late Friday afternoon.

This is not where my kids would be going. But it is the next big town over.

I never had to ride on a bus as a kid, but my older sisters were bullied every day on one, getting their hair spit in and so on. It makes sense when you think about it - all those ages together (depending on the district), and no supervision because the only adult on board is busy driving. So yeah, not a big fan of the school bus system here!