Menu

What Books Are You Reading?

Deconstructing Penguins by Lawrence and Nancy Goldstone

One of Robert Ludlum's spy books (Kind of embarassed that I can't think of the title at the moment, I've read a ton of them and they all have similar names. :blushing:)

Plus I am doing a final proof reading of my husband's novel that he is publishing through Lulu next month called "The Gift and the Defender"

Technically I am in the middle of Don Quixote, but I'm still on chapter 5 and I started it amost a year ago. :tongue_smilie:

Currently reading Mockingjay, the last in The Hunger Games trilogy.

Before that I stalled out halfway through The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes. I read it years ago and the same thing happened. Next time maybe I need to just start in the middle. ;)

I'm currently reading 2 books right now:

The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer--ds loves Colfer and when he finishes a book he insists I *must* read it. "Mom this book is awesome!"

Triumph by Carolyn Jessop--I read her Escape a couple years ago, this is her follow-up

Cinder

The Jungle Book with the family. (Loving it!)

For me:

Peacemaking Women by Tara Barthel (also wonderful)

The Young Peacemaker (pre-reading for school & life)

Pride and Prejudice (I'm kind of always reading this, though)

Redeeming Science (slowly, very slowly)

Lots of good stuff :)

I read fast, and I like to alternate between books, so I always have quite a few going at once. I like to read different types of things during different times of the day.

For my education: Almost done the first 3, just starting the last one

The Worried Child by Paul Foxman, phd

The Philosophy of the Christian Curriculum by Rousas J Rushdoony

Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary on Gospel of Matthew (and Gospel of Matthew from my Bible)

Minds of Boys by Michael Gurian

For fun:

Raccoons are the Brightest People by Sterling North

Mysteries of Udolpho by Anne Radcliff

For education and fun:Victoria and Albert by David Duff

Family Read aloud: Rebbecca of Sunnybrook Farm

I'm reading my way through the Booker prize short list. So far I've enjoyed The Long Song and am struggling through The Finkler Question (amusing but not interesting, somehow - I can appreciate how the book is crafted, but don't care about the characters). That's my morning reading. At bedtime I am reading the latest Shardlake mystery to come out in paperback: Revelation, by Sansome.

Laura

The Disappearing Spoon (a collection of essays about the periodic table of elements... it's fascinating!)

The Hunger Games (the kids and I are reading this at lunch time)

Sophie's World (the girls and I are reading this together this year)

I'm reading my way through the Booker prize short list. So far I've enjoyed The Long Song and am struggling through The Finkler Question (amusing but not interesting, somehow - I can appreciate how the book is crafted, but don't care about the characters).

From the short list, I read Parrot and Oliver in America a few weeks ago & enjoyed it. I think The Long Song looks good; I need to see if our library has it. I also have C on request at the library, but it hasn't come in yet.... Not sure if I could handle Room.

The Bible

The Evolution of Calpernia Tate (children's lit)

I *just* finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest yesterday, and I loved it, so I'm trying to figure out what adult book I want to dive into next. The 3 in that series were such a wild ride that I'm not sure where to go from here! :lol:

As for nourishing... I'm on a break from that right now! It's been too crazy to wrap my mind around something with depth.

Edited by jenL

What's your opinion of "Last Child in the Woods?"

It's been on my reading list but I haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm on page 44. I'm glad I'm reading it, and I'd love to discuss it more once I've read it through.

I will say this: Like any non-fiction book of this nature, it does seem to be getting a little redundant already.

Hopefully someone else will weigh in!