Menu

Olympia/Lacey Area (crosspost from networking board)

We're moving to northeast Lacey at the end of the month, and I'm wondering if the locals can help us get settled. We're coming from Tacoma so we know the area a bit but don't know much about actually living there.

How is the library? I'm use to having several libraries within a few miles of home but I see that there is only one library in Lacey. How is the selection? Hold process? Helpfulness of the librarians? Is it easy to get a hold of the books you need in a timely manner?

What about homeschool groups? We aren't interested in formal co-ops with weekly classes, but rather a more social group. We like to get together for informal play time and field trips. Is there anything like that down there?

Anyone interested in getting the kids together in November? You can see my kids' ages in my signature. My daughter is very outgoing and usually gets along with almost anyone. My older son loves math and taekwondo. He's a bit more socially awkward but really wants friends. My three year old is a bundle of energy that is only quiet or still when asleep. My one year old is at the getting into everything stage but her cuteness makes up for it...almost. :D

BTW, if you don't want to out your location on a public forum, feel free to PM me.

I can't answer any of these questions, but I wanted to say that I *love* the Olympia/Lacey/Tumwater area!! I lived there for 6 years. Didn't use the library during that time, but I started my adulthood there, got married and had DD, and part of my heart will always be there. If you can, try to take your kids to Lattin's Cider Mill sometime this fall, it is wonderful! Hope your move goes well, and feel free to ask or PM if you have any other questions about the area.

If you can, try to take your kids to Lattin's Cider Mill sometime this fall, it is wonderful! Hope your move goes well, and feel free to ask or PM if you have any other questions about the area.

Thanks! I haven't heard of that place; I'll look into it. I dated a guy who grew up in Lacey so I'm a little familiar with the town. It's grown A LOT since then.

Joann, I do know of one homeschool family down there. I'll try to get in touch of them and ask them.

Thanks!

I PM'd you.

I replied. Thanks!