Menu

carmen, tina or other PR moms I have a question

Aoife

So I bit it and bought PR2 used in hopes of going into it after AAS3 with my 9yo who is having a terrible time with spelling.

Does PR2 include all the rule tunes or am I missing some from not having PR1? For student materials I will need the building codes, little house pages is there anything else I need to replace? Should I bother buying the building codes from PR1 or are the useless without having PR1? I keep seeing it mentioned needing the building codes from PR1 in PR2.

Thanks so much for your help so far ladies! I am really excited to get to the point of using this with my DSD !

Do you have all 72 AAS cards? PR has only 70, and the phonograms are presented a little differently. ie, "o" card says, ah, o, oo, uh w/ AAS. It only has 3 sounds with PR ah, o, oo. I like the way AAS presents the phonograms better, so I will use/have used the AAS cards and modify when building words.

Maybe somebody else will chime in about whether or not you need the building codes from level one. I think it would be beneficial to have them. I just don't know how you would fill them out without the level one cd's.

What makes it hard to answer your questions,it it's highly recommended to start with level 1. The introduction to the program is in PR1.

I'm hesitant to write this;if you are determined to start with PR2 then I would say no, you don't need to purchase the BC from PR1. I think there are about 4 or 5 that are transferred (but I don't recommend this route). The reason I'd say, no, is that you wouldn't know what words are on those BC.

BUT, PR is meant to be started with level 1, no matter what you have used in the past or how experienced one is with OG method.

Instead of skipping PR1 I would suggest finding a used one minus the student binder (it will be less expensive that way) and have your dd use notebook paper instead.

Edited by Homeschooling6

• 1 month later...

Aoife, I am sorry I missed this. Have you already made a decision or should I chime in some more? I know that all of the PR 1 rule tunes are both in the manual and in the DVD. This thread discusses how to start out on a higher level of PR, so it may help you. Spelling Program for a Poor Speller (I could PM you about this as well. I might be able to help you further.)

Carmen

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Hi. I've been on vaca, so I hope all is well for you. To answer your questions, I'd say no, you don't need to buy anything further. Your AAS cards will be fine and although there is some reference to PR1 Building Codes, it's no biggie, as you will create an entirely new set in PR2. As for the lit. study, your teacher's notebook will have the pages for you, so you can simply adjust by using your own notebook pages and model them after what you have in your Foreman's Guide. Let me know if I can help further.