Menu

Logic stage prep for Campbells' Biology?

happygrrl

I did a little jig when I saw the Campbell text! Thanks to all of you who posted about that.. it is just what I am looking for. Problem is... how do I get there from here? We are currently doing RS4K I with the Tiner books, and Apologia Physical/ General may not be strong enough as a transition. (Please feel free to correct that opinion). (BTW, I am wary of Apologia's "rhetorical excess" moments, so would only go there if the strength of the program justified it, KWIM?)

So....For those of you intending to use Campbell's Biology (or similar text for science-minded kids), what are you doing /did you do for logic/dialectic stage?

*I have been reading old posts for days now and I am hallucinating a bit :tongue_smilie:. If this has been discussed somewhere else, please forgive me, and direct me there!

I am using the Prentice Hall Science Explorer Life Science for 7th grade and then Physical Science for 8th grade.

Then I will use the PH Exploring Biology for 9th grade before using the Campbell's text for 11th grade.

Unless the kid decides that he wants to explore other areas of science instead.

But I am biased towards Biology.

The funny thing is that I just found my own Campbell text from College. It was the same book that I used in 11th grade then had to purchase my Freshman year of college.

I am using the Prentice Hall Science Explorer Life Science for 7th grade and then Physical Science for 8th grade.

Then I will use the PH Exploring Biology for 9th grade before using the Campbell's text for 11th grade.

Unless the kid decides that he wants to explore other areas of science instead.

But I am biased towards Biology.

The funny thing is that I just found my own Campbell text from College. It was the same book that I used in 11th grade then had to purchase my Freshman year of college.

Thanks, Sheila- I'll check in to it. I have been wondering about my college Bio text! I tossed it many years ago, thinking that the information was probably outdated before I even finished the course. I also figured I could look up anything I needed on the internet. I don't know how many times I wished I had it for those quick questions!