Menu

Ex/ of what NOT to say to a preg. & overdue hsing mother...

Dh calls to see how I'm doing and the following conversation takes place:

Dh: Hi. How are you?

Me: Exhausted.

Dh: Oh really. WHY? :001_huh:

Me: (Silence...I'm trying to figure out how to respond to that w/out saying something I'll most likely regret later).

Dh: Hon, are you there? Why are you so exhausted? :001_huh:

Me: (with MUCH sarcasm) Gee, I don't know. I suppose I really don't have a good excuse for being so exhausted. :glare:

Dh: Oh, well, I just wanted to remind you I'd be home later than normal tonight b/c of my meeting (his 3rd of the day complete w/ extravagant catering).

Me: Great. Thanks for reminding me, I'll see you when I see you. (Click)

Ummm...this man will be lucky if the locks have NOT been changed by the time he makes his way home this evening. He's VERY lucky I was able to hold my tongue. Can you believe that? Why am I exhausted!? Why am I exhausted!? Arghhhhhh....... If I weren't so blasted ANGRY right now...I'd probably be laughing.

Snort! Truly not laughing *at* you but *with* you. I went to 41 1/2 weeks with my older and thought I would pop! Honey, hang in there.

Baby, you listen up now. I want you to give your poor mama a break really soon, okay? You need to *not* hang in there quite so well. You need to let your momma hold you in her arms, okay!

There, that should do the trick. Baby will listen and you will go into labor. Oh, and for the dh, guys just don't always get it do they? Mine has pulled some real doozies before. But he's great, so I just hold them over him in extreme conditions rather than all the time;)

(((Sue)))

(ducking to avoid the wrath of the pregnant hs mother)

I really think he was trying to be sensitive. If one of the children had been giving you a hard way to go, he could have stepped forward with the masculine touch. If a certain chore or responsibility was weighing on you, he could have offered to help with it this evening.

He is a great guy...just a bit clueless. This conversation and level of cluelessness was really out of character for him, too. Honestly, I am laughing about it now...it *is* rather funny. :D

It is.:001_smile: I've been pregnant up to 42 weeks (the only time the let me go to their limit for various reasons.) Remember how different it is to be a parent than it was to watch parents before you were one? How on earth can our wonderful dh's REALLY understand something they've never done!

And that wonderful baby of yours will come out, someday your body will be all yours again, someday you'll sleep without little feet kicking away (actually, I always managed to sleep through that, it was the other things that woke me up, like the bathroom calls, the high body heat, other dc fussing in the night...)

He is a great guy...just a bit clueless. This conversation and level of cluelessness was really out of character for him, too. Honestly, I am laughing about it now...it *is* rather funny. :D

That's good, Sue - does laughing bring on labor????

Praying for this little on to come out. Tonight! (or after dh gets home from the dinner!)