• Yes, I love to dress up!
    • Yes, because the family likes me to.
    • No, but my kids do.
    • No, nobody in our family dresses up.
    • Other (please explain).
    • I love Halloween.
    • I am ambivalent about Halloween.
    • I hate Halloween.
    • I don't care about Halloween, but I like polls.
    • I don't like Halloween OR polls.

We are hosting a (very) early Halloween party this weekend for some foreign exchange students. DH and I are wearing Groucho Marx glasses while we sit around and look parental and the teens have fun. That's about as dressed up as we get.

Though, I might put on a real costume if someone ever invited me to a real Halloween party with adults. But I don't get invited to "those" type of parties :tongue_smilie:

I generally don't, but last year all three of my girls wanted to be witches, and we were invited to a Halloween party. I got a witch costume too. It was fun, but I probably won't do it every year. My husband and a friend of ours dressed up as Napoleon and Pedro. :D

Last year was my first year to dress up since being a mom and it was fun. All I did was buy a $5 purple wig from Walmart and put on some crazy earrings, a lot of makeup, and a cape. I had all the neighbors trying to give me candy. I'm not sure who I was supposed to be, but it was fun to be a little silly!

Me too! I haven't decided what to be this year. I was Medusa last year! :D

i was a doll last year ~ mainly because i was doing some halloween stuff with a friend who has a son who scares easily. i usually go creepy - dead prom queen kinda stuff. :laugh:

eta: medusa = awesomeness!

I love to dress up, but I don't unless I have a reason to do so. Two years ago I was a nun and DH was a priest. It cracked our friends up. Last year we didn't have a reason. This year... not sure, but I think there will be a party again. I need to get started on ideas.

I LOVE Halloween, though.

Yes! Our family takes our annual Disney vacation during the week of Halloween. We go to the Halloween party there and we all dress up in the same theme. Two years ago it was super heroes, last year it was pirates, and this year.....well, it's a surprise! Actually, I just posted pics of our last two years on my blog. Click the link in my signature and then scroll down just a short bit.

I like to dress up but often don't have much imagination. I usually grab what items I have (old military clothes, hawaiian gear to be a "tutu" (grandma), etc.) Sometimes I borrow other people's costumes because I am lazy.

We have a dinner (soup or pizza), the kids (now teens) get dressed up, dad's follow with their "hot" drinks, moms stay inside with their "hot" drinks :D and pass out the candy. I am still encouraging the older kids in our group to go out because I think it's a fun way to still be a kid. When they graduate, then they can be done with the trick-or-treating :lol:.

I LOVE the Miss Smarty Pants costume idea!!

Friends of ours host a big costume party each summer where all the kids dress up. This is the 4th year we've gone, and this year my dh and I dressed up. (No other adults do.) I was so tired of going to a costume party and not being able to dress up! (We wore our pirate costumes from the Renn Fest.)

Other adults at the costume party looked envious, and I'd bet that next year, more of them will be in costumes (the hostess said she'll wear her 50's skirt next year.)

The only problem with a costume party in July is that it's SO HOT.

Miss Smarty Pants can work in the heat!

Yes! Our family takes our annual Disney vacation during the week of Halloween. We go to the Halloween party there

Yes, we do the same. We love the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I've dressed up twice, and haven't yet decided if I will go in costume this year.

I really like Halloween. We decorate the house quite a bit, and usually have a little get-together prior to the actual day. We don't live in a neighborhood, so our new tradition is a potluck party on Halloween night at a friend's house. We all dress up, and the children get to go trick-or-treating. I picked other because if we weren't going to an actual party, I wouldn't dress up. But I enjoy it. I'd really love to host one of those murder mystery parties in conjunction with the holiday. That would be a blast!

Sometimes I do!

A few years ago, when we only had 2 kids, my DH was Darth Vader, I was Padme, and DC were Luke and Leia.:D

I at least wear a Halloween shirt and jewelry if no costume.

This year, my DC are involved in a film contest in Chicago that runs through Halloween weekend, and I'm a little bummed. Halloween is fun where we live! At least we can trick-or-treat at the zoo the previous weekend.

Sometimes I do!

A few years ago, when we only had 2 kids, my DH was Darth Vader, I was Padme, and DC were Luke and Leia.:D

We were going to do that same thing when we still had just the two kids! But then the kids and I ended up going out of town without my husband for my brother's wedding.

We were going to do that same thing when we still had just the two kids! But then the kids and I ended up going out of town without my husband for my brother's wedding.

It was a lot of fun! If we do it again, DS 15 wants to dress up DS 3 as Yoda and carry him on his back.;) We'd have to think of something cute for DD 4, otherwise she'd insist that Princess Leia had an assistant named Cinderella and dress accordingly...:lol:

I said other. I dress up when I have the time. Most years I am working until just before dark, so I run home and just concentrate on the kids. It isn't a big enough priority to keep everyone held up for me to get dressed.

Other: I've never enjoyed dressing up. I used to give out candy dressed in regular clothing. No big deal. We now live in a one-street neighborhood with long driverways. We don't get kids at the door here. My kids dress up if they are going out, which is usually only the girls. The 18 yr old has parties and the 12 year old is going out with friends this year.

However, I do buy 3 or 4 big bags of candy for us to eat on since we miss out on trick-or-treating. :)

I had to, as a preschool teacher.

My best attempt at a costume was going as a tube of Crest toothpaste. I made a long felt "dress" and put the letters of the Crest logo and the triangle in felt down the dress. I took a pleated lampshade from our bedroom lamp and made a hat/toothpaste cap out of it. It was pretty funny, and, being a teacher, I told the parents that it was an example of "environmental print!" lol (teacher humor)

Now I want to know what your husband and friend wore as Napoleon and Pedro. Did your husband wear a suit like the one Napoleon wore to the dance ? Did the friend wear a tee shirt that said "vote for Pedro" ? :lol:

My friend's husband, Marc, had a Napoleon wig. He wore that with a t-shirt tucked in his jeans and boots like Napoleon wears. My husband had a black wig that looked like Pedro's hair, and he wore a plaid shirt and jeans. We also got him a fake mustache. The funniest part was they stayed in character all evening. It was hilarious! I will see if I can find a picture and post it.

I voted other. I like Halloween, I think it's fun. But getting costumes together for three is enough. I often don't want to bother once theirs are done. But occasionally I do dress up.

I would love to be one of the "goes all out" houses, but have yet to make it happen. Maybe in a coupel of years I can give Luke and Peyton that job. They woudl love it!

Ok, I was the Queen of Hearts last year and I was going to post a picture of that but I can't find it right now so I will post a much older picture instead. I picked my hubby up from the airport in this getup. He was quite surprised, as was his business associates (but they quit asking why we had so many children :tongue_smilie:).

post-183-13535083929038_thumb.jpg

post-183-13535083929038_thumb.jpg