Menu

Shipping and curricula companies

I realize a lot of these companies are small-ish companies. However, why don't more of them use flat rate priority boxes? I've recently made two orders in which it would be cheaper and MUCH faster for the companies to have sent my order in a medium (13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8") flat rate box v. media mail. PLUS, one of these companies sent me a shipping notice on 9/10, saying it would take between 4 and 12 days. That would put it here on the 22nd.

BUT when I called on Monday (the 25th) they told me that it didn't leave the warehouse until 9/13 and it would be 12 days from *then*, maximum. When I pointed out I should STILL have had it by Monday, they hedged and claimed 12 business days, so it would be the 28th at the most. The post office works on Saturday, so that is BULL. And guess what? I STILL don't have the books today. I'm pretty ticked.

I can relate to that one. Being on a base overseas, I don't understand at all why more companies in general don't ship flat rate. You can fit a lot of books in those boxes! I'm hesitant to place a couple orders due to shipping costs, knowing that what I'm ordering could easily fit in one of the small, box sized flat rates for half the price.:confused:

I can relate to that one. Being on a base overseas, I don't understand at all why more companies in general don't ship flat rate. You can fit a lot of books in those boxes! I'm hesitant to place a couple orders due to shipping costs, knowing that what I'm ordering could easily fit in one of the small, box sized flat rates for half the price.:confused:

I know! We were in Germany for 5 years and it was *tough* making some companies understand that we had a US address and they were NOT paying overseas shipping.