Menu

Lively Latin vs. Latina Christiana & other question

SkiMom

I was wondering if anyone can compare Lively Latin with Latina Christiana? Will using LL prepare my dc for Henle in the same way?

Also, would you mind sharing how you schedule LL? What does a lesson look like in your house, and how often do you do it?

Thanks so much!

Will using LL prepare my dc for Henle in the same way?

According to the author of LL, kids will be ready to go into Henle after completing LL2.

Also, would you mind sharing how you schedule LL? What does a lesson look like in your house, and how often do you do it?

We do it every day, for as long as my kids' attention spans allow. It averages out to three pages a day and 15 to 20 minutes for my 7yo and 4-6 pages and 20 to 30 minutes for my 10yo.

I read the instructional parts aloud with the 7yo and ask him to explain what that means, then have him do the exercises. I sit near him as he does them so I can catch it if he's lost (or distracted) and because the exercises are so embedded inside the instruction, so we switch back and forth several times.

The 10yo works independently, but I make him read the lesson out loud because otherwise he scans to get to the exercises, then doesn't know how to do them. :sneaky2: typical boy.