Menu

apple crisp question

I spent four hours peeling and slicing apples to make enough apple crisp for us ALL to enjoy. NOTE: I have two teenage boys. :D Anyway, I'm tired now. Do you think I can keep all the apples covered and bake the crisps tomorrow? Or will they dry out? I'm not worried about them turning brown. They will anyway after cooked.....

Funny that this popped up twice today. I answered this one earlier for Bethany.

Leave the crispy stuff off for the night. Just cover and put in the frig. Don't worry about water or lemon juice--it's totally unnecessary. When you want to bake it, uncover, sprinkle with the crisp, and bake. It will be fine. I do this all the time.

I have also been known to prep the apples and freeze them in a ziplock bag. When ready to cook I thaw about halfway, arrange in the pan, sprinkle crisp over top, and bake. It works just fine.

I love apple crisp but find all the peeling laborious. Has anyone had any success making apple crisp with the peel still on the apple?

Regards,

Kareni

that's what I do- I just make sure the pieces are bitesize- cut the apple in wedges then cut the wedges into 2-3 pieces...it works fine for us.

You need a Pampered Chef apple peeler/corer...it makes that job a snap!

I'm sure your apple crisp will be very tasty!

Absolutely the best use of 30 dollars I have ever spent. I've had mine for years and it is still going strong. I can make an apple pie in less than 30 minutes, including rolling out the pie crust from scratch and peeling/slicing apples.