Menu

LLATL or LifePacs for 7th grade English??

Cheri Warren

Okay, I have both of these curriculums for my 7th grader.

I cannot afford anything else, I am finding both have pros and cons. LLATL seems WAY too easy, in fact it's all review and I have looked thru the whole book. Not sure I like the format either.

LifePacs seem like a lot of busy work but I think I can make them work this year. Wish it had more writing instruction but I have not looked thru each lifepac yet.

So, which would you choose? Will I ruin my child if I use LifePacs? I have read so many negative comments about them. I would like to stick with them thru highschool if we like them, just so hard to decide

Will it ruin your child? Absolutely NOT. Listen, if LifePacs work for you, then go for it. Your experience will differ from someone else's. While one person may hate a certain curriculum, you may love it!

The best one is the one that gets done. Period.

Just pick one and do it. Make it work for you!!

Have a good year :)

Will it ruin your child? Absolutely NOT. Listen, if LifePacs work for you, then go for it. Your experience will differ from someone else's. While one person may hate a certain curriculum, you may love it!

The best one is the one that gets done. Period.

Just pick one and do it. Make it work for you!!

Have a good year :)

:iagree: we use Lifepacs for Civics and i'm now wishing I used it for a few more things. It gets done!!!!!

My question will be is the lifepacs for all of language arts (reading, spelling, grammar, vocabulary...) or just one of them such as grammar. If it is just grammar or just reading, then I would suggest using them both.

We use LLATL, but also use GUM grammar. They compliment each other.

Maybe Lifepacs and LLATL could compliment each other in your case? For us, we do LLATL daily and GUM grammar on M,W, and F.

My question will be is the lifepacs for all of language arts (reading, spelling, grammar, vocabulary...) or just one of them such as grammar. If it is just grammar or just reading, then I would suggest using them both.

We use LLATL, but also use GUM grammar. They compliment each other.

Maybe Lifepacs and LLATL could compliment each other in your case? For us, we do LLATL daily and GUM grammar on M,W, and F.

The LifePacs are for everything. I do add in extra writing 3 days a week and Wordly Wise 3 days a week. LLATL just seems too weak IMO. I know it builds upon itself, but my dd has had most of what is in the Tan in 3rd grade public school She needs to be challenged. So I think i'll stick with LifePacs this year and maybe move on to BJU next year for 8th.