Menu

Lovely. Just.... lovely!

Can you hear the sarcasm? Please tell me I'm not the only one with a 10 year old daughter whose got THIS kind of sense of humor.

The assignment: To draw a picture of the Mayflower.

She does so, and then brings it to me, and she's got this ridiculous giggle going on before she ever even hands it to me.

"What's so funny?" I ask, taking the picture from her.

"You'll see," she says, cracking up.

I look at the picture. She points and cries out: "LOOK! IT'S THE POOP DECK!" and she goes into a hysterical fit of laughter.

See picture, attached.

Lovely! Should I include it in her end-of-the-year portfolio? Would the superintendent appreciate it....?

LOL...wow, thanks for all of the comments, glad it was so entertaining (and glad I'm not alone haha).

I'd have her label it and send it in!

Maybe I will! It's very tempting to do so, actually lol- I'll have to think about that one. I only submit 3-5 samples per subject usually. So it wouldn't be overlooked haha.

:smilielol5:

(Does she know you shared that with us? :lol:)

heh... no.

Well you know, you're on a ship, where DO you go? I had to edit "poop deck" from our readings as it would send ds into fits of laughter.

Yep, that's exactly what it did when we first started reading "...If You Sailed On The Mayflower In 1620" and the first page was a picture of the boat with all the areas labeled. Oh and when we're reading stuff for SOTW and I use that "other word" for donkey? Fits of laughter! And when we read "Where Do You Think You're Going, Christopher Columbus?" and there was a picture of some of the natives' butts? Fits of laughter!

LOVE it.

What's going on with the guy next to the puker?

She said he is taking a nap. I was afraid she was going to say "oh, he died." But no, he's just sleeping. The other guy on the other side of him is reading. And the pooper? He's reading the bible, she tells me.

Apparently so, since my 10yo dd is rolling on the floor right now. The kids will be giggling about that picture still when daddy gets home tonight, so...thanks. :lol:

LOL you're welcome! haha.

Well I don't know about the superintendent by I sure got a good laugh.:lol:

My kids are goofy that way too. My 3yog brought me a plastic dinosaur and said "look this dinosaur has a butt." I asked if we could call it a bottom. She was quite agreeable. The she said "this dinosaur has a bottom on its butt" :glare:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No,m you're not the only one. My boys did stuff like this All The Time. Just yesterday I threw away dd's English assignment and had her redo it. Why? Too many times poop or pee were in her writing and I told her No More. So yesterday was the first time I threw it out. I did giggle privately, though, but she doesn't know that.

She would be VERY impressed by your dd's picture. :lol: I'm so glad we all have a great sense of humor. I can't imagine life without one.

Well you know, you're on a ship, where DO you go?

Actually the picture is more accurate than you might think! I just finished reading a book about Captain Cook, and they had planks with holes sticking out off the sides of the boat. That's where you went: lots and lots of fresh air, hopefully blowing AWAY from the boat during all those times that... I will stop while I'm ahead here.

Well I don't know about the superintendent by I sure got a good laugh.:lol:

My kids are goofy that way too. My 3yog brought me a plastic dinosaur and said "look this dinosaur has a butt." I asked if we could call it a bottom. She was quite agreeable. The she said "this dinosaur has a bottom on its butt" :glare:

I just showed my aspie ds8. He said real serious like "so that's why they call it a poop deck?":001_huh:. That drawing is too funny!

LOL....those made me laugh!

Actually the picture is more accurate than you might think! I just finished reading a book about Captain Cook, and they had planks with holes sticking out off the sides of the boat. That's where you went: lots and lots of fresh air, hopefully blowing AWAY from the boat during all those times that... I will stop while I'm ahead here.

I can honestly say I'd never thought about it before! lol!

Jennifer- LOL I love your daughter's picture, too! Too funny!

Dobela, hehe no the superintendent doesn't keep anything I give him. He holds onto it for the summer while he looks everything over, and then I get it back right around the time school starts. Still, I never give him originals anyway, I make copies of the things I want to include in the portfolio and submit those.

:lol:

Just yesterday my ds's were drawing their memories of the Rhino we saw at the zoo. He dropped the BIGGEST "load" I have ever seen, and then proceeded to kick it behind him with his large (smelly) feet.:ack2:

I wish I had a working scanner b/c I was quite proud of the artistry...very realistic drawings coming from a 7yo and a 4yo.:lol:

They would love your dd's drawing!:tongue_smilie:

Can you hear the sarcasm? Please tell me I'm not the only one with a 10 year old daughter whose got THIS kind of sense of humor.

The assignment: To draw a picture of the Mayflower.

She does so, and then brings it to me, and she's got this ridiculous giggle going on before she ever even hands it to me.

"What's so funny?" I ask, taking the picture from her.

"You'll see," she says, cracking up.

I look at the picture. She points and cries out: "LOOK! IT'S THE POOP DECK!" and she goes into a hysterical fit of laughter.

See picture, attached.

Lovely! Should I include it in her end-of-the-year portfolio? Would the superintendent appreciate it....?

I laughed out loud...so funny!!! She gets an A+ for creativity!!!