Menu

Beautiful Fee Users

mamawaabangi

Hi there. Well, when I thought I was all decided on what we'll be using next year (Heart of Dakotas) a friend told me about Beautiful Feet...

Love it!

I do prefer that HoD has more subjects included, but I really like what BF does...

If you use BF what do you do for other subjects?

What do you use for math, bible, science and if you more than that?

Thanks!

BF is strictly a history and literature program for K-12. I suppose you could use History of Science guide and count that for science 1 year in elementary. Choosing your other subjects would depend upon your teaching style, the learning style of your dc, goals. interests etc. It is not an all inclusive program like MFW or others in than style. I've used BF off and on since my oldest was in 1st grade. She is now in 9th and neither of my dc are currently using BF. It is a wonderful program and I do recommend it. It would be hard to tell you what we used for the other subjects because we used BF for so many years.

My 9yo daughter and 10yo son and doing Beautiful Feet's Holling's geography this year. We are using it as history and geography.

They are also using Math On The Level, Spell To Write and Read, Classics for Kids, Outdoor Hour Nature Study, TOPS science and I have a science study using Holling's Pagoo planned for later this year. Also pulling reading lists from Ambleside Online.

We've always been eclectic homeschoolers using what works for us.

we are loving our year with BF Primary american history. my kids range from 5 to 13 and I added in Sonlight core 3 books for the older 3 kids and they just read them themselves acc to the schedule. And i have been doing lots of extras on a shelf for them to pick and read for 30 mins per day. We are loving that too!

We use Stick Figuring through the Bible for Bible, Math Mammoth, MCT Grammar, Apologia Elem Science, WWE...

We don't mind pulling from lots of resources and are loving our year! (We also did file folder scheduling which I am adapting as the year goes on, but it really helps us get everything done each day.)

i'm interested in bf as well. the early american for a 1st and 2nd grade study....spreading it over two years. those of you who have used this, would it be appropriate for this age? Would it be better to wait for 3rd and 4th?

thanks

Hi there. Well, when I thought I was all decided on what we'll be using next year (Heart of Dakotas) a friend told me about Beautiful Feet...

Love it!

I do prefer that HoD has more subjects included, but I really like what BF does...

If you use BF what do you do for other subjects?

What do you use for math, bible, science and if you more than that?

Thanks!

Ambleside Online www.amblesideonline.org

Math: Horizons Math www.aop.com

Bible: Awana; The Bible Story by Arthur Maxwell

Science: The Magic School Bus series, science experiment books/dvds from the library

Geography: Galloping the Globe and Cantering the Country

www.geomatters.com

Music: Music Ace and Making Music Fun (unit study I am writing)

Handwriting: Italics Beautiful Handwriting for Children

www.pennygardner.com