Menu

Chili report - Pioneer Woman's - yummy!

Just wanted to say that we had Ree's chili for dinner last night. I got the recipe from her cookbook. I followed it exactly and added her suggested optional ingredients of 1 can pinto beans, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can mild Ro-tel, and a chopped (large) onion. I browned the onion with the beef, and added all of the ingredients at the beginning instead of adding them at the end. I also included her other optional suggestion of 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper. The only true change I made to the recipe was adding additional water. I just felt it needed more.

At any rate, it was delicious, and I will definitely make it again.

I love this recipe. I used to make a variety of different chili recipes but since I've tried this one I haven't made another. I add beans and Rotel and serve with sour cream, cheese, fritos and jalepenos.

I usually like my chili with more heat than this one but I find that this is so flavorful I don't need as much heat and the dc like it better.

I've had lots of compliments on it, too.

I make a double batch and put some in the freezer but it never last as long as I think it will!