Menu

Selling question

Just curious - If someone asks to buy your items from the For Sale Board here, you reply back quickly, and give them all the necessary informaion for a PayPal payment by return PM, then how long do you wait for the payment to arrive? 1 day? 2 Days? If after 2 days you don't have a reply message and no money, would you move on and sell it to the next person wanting the item? Or would you do it after just 1 day?

I am really frustrated with the apparent lack of interest of the people following thru. Out of 7 inquiries, only 2 have paid (and they were within a few hours). From the other 5, I have had no response in at least 24 hours. Now I have other people interested in those same items that I don't want to turn away.

How do you handle this?

I have begun to put a sentence in my For Sale posts that payment must be made within X amount of time unless other arrangements have been made.

I did have one instance where someone fell off the face of the earth for four days, I did finalize terms to sell the item to someone else and then both buyers paid within minutes of each other -- the original buyer paying literally two minutes before the other buyer.

Spell out your terms -- I do understand that some folks don't want to lose an item but they must wait till payday or for someone else's check to clear in their curric buying account, etc. IF they make me aware of this (and I just purchased something where I paid a 50% deposit and will pay the balance on Friday when someone else's check clears) I am more than willing to work with them.

I move on. From your own examples, someone who really wants it will pay for it right away.

Thanks, I am pretty much already at that point.

I have begun to put a sentence in my For Sale posts that payment must be made within X amount of time unless other arrangements have been made.

I did have one instance where someone fell off the face of the earth for four days, I did finalize terms to sell the item to someone else and then both buyers paid within minutes of each other -- the original buyer paying literally two minutes before the other buyer.

Spell out your terms -- I do understand that some folks don't want to lose an item but they must wait till payday or for someone else's check to clear in their curric buying account, etc. IF they make me aware of this (and I just purchased something where I paid a 50% deposit and will pay the balance on Friday when someone else's check clears) I am more than willing to work with them.

I used to make that statement, but gradually stopped. I apparently need to do it again. I dn't mind holding an item (and have done it numerous times) for pay day and such - but only as long as I have some sort of communication. I did it recently but that person told me upfront how long I would need to wait and then would PM to let me know she hasn't forgotten.

Thanks!

I would move on.. however.. I had an item FS, someone wanted it.. I gave all the info and then nothing for a few days..(2) I sent a PM asking if they wanted it..and after a day moved on.. the person who wanted my book first, was upset with me that I moved on when he finally contacted me again..

But this was quite a while ago..

I have noticed recently, over the past month or so.. I too am getting many "I want your items" pms and then nothing...it is frustrating!

I would move on.. however.. I had an item FS, someone wanted it.. I gave all the info and then nothing for a few days..(2) I sent a PM asking if they wanted it..and after a day moved on.. the person who wanted my book first, was upset with me that I moved on when he finally contacted me again..

But this was quite a while ago..

I have noticed recently, over the past month or so.. I too am getting many "I want your items" pms and then nothing...it is frustrating!

:iagree:

This has happened to me several times, too.

I really wish that people would take the time to write back and say that they've changed their mind or whatever. It would be very helpful.