Menu

Biblioplan & IEW..A question for you:o) sm

BarbinTN

I am finishing up Core 3+4 with SL. I had planned on Core 5 next year but then I discovered Biblioplan which would incorporate my 2 younger dc and free up some time.

Would you recommend the Theme Based Ancients of IEW if I do the Ancients with Biblioplan? I had planned on SWI-B for my 6th grader and SWI-A lesson plans for my 3rd and possibly 2nd grader. However, I am thinking of the Theme Based now instead.

Anyone use Biblioplan and IEW? Should I still consider doing SWI first and then the Theme Based after that?

Thanks!

Barb

We're using both Biblioplan and IEW Ancient History Theme. Personally, I love it even though I've never watched the videos of the seminars. Currently, we're using both a little scatteredly but I'm considering discussing our currently IEW writing assignment on Mondays, doing Biblioplan Tuesday through Thursday while the children work on their writing assignment during English, and spending Friday sharing the assignments.

HTH! :001_smile:

May I ask if you bought all the Biblioplan books and if so how much did that run you? I went through the "sample" sheet that has the books listed and I was up to 200 at Rainbow Resources!

Also, do you find that books like Eagle of the Ninth, Golden Goblet etc are engaging enough for the "littles"? I'm afraid some of those titles will be too complicated for my boys (2nd and 3rd grade).

Did you buy the coloring book or timeline stuff? I have a 20' timeline already up and found that our SL timeline figures were too abundant and cluttery. We only used a few.

Sorry for so many questions! This will be a huge change for me b/c I have used SL the last 2 years and have confidence in doing so.

Thanks!

Barb