Menu

In case I am in the nightly news for a terrible offense, let me explain my defense!

1. Any woman attempting to teach algebra to a whiney 13 year old male, should be allowed the insanity plea no questions asked.

2. He ate five bagels in one hour!

I have every intention of asking my defense attorney to request that the prosecutor try to teach ds an algebra lesson in front of the jury.

HE ATE FIVE BAGELS WHILE I WAS HELPING THE 10 YEAR OLD WITH SPELLING! Do I have to say more??????

Dh is now involved.....just possibly I might not go to jail.

Faith (whose day was already insane because the three pigs that had to be loaded for a trip to the butcher house were apparently tipped off by the other barnyard animals and went completely ape....four adults, several sheets of 4x8 plywood formed into a maze of chutes, much cajoling and feed later, covered in dirt, mud, and pig doo, and two hours of back breaking, breathless pig adventures later, they were off....and then the pressure canner decided not to work which only took two hours and dh's many consultations in order to get it working while kidney beans waiting in pots on the stove waiting to be over done!!!!!!!!!!)

Chocolate and a Hot Toddy......nobody better bother me!

HE ATE FIVE BAGELS WHILE I WAS HELPING THE 10 YEAR OLD WITH SPELLING! Do I have to say more??????...

...Faith (whose day was already insane because the three pigs that had to be loaded for a trip to the butcher house were apparently tipped off by the other barnyard animals and went completely ape....four adults, several sheets of 4x8 plywood formed into a maze of chutes, much cajoling and feed later, covered in dirt, mud, and pig doo...

:eek::svengo::lol::lol::lol:

I do not envy you.

I have done the pig thing in the past. Pigs are not fun - especially when they weigh 500+ pounds.

And 13yo boys? Well, my 12yo is enough to make anyone want to rip her hair out. And then beat him over the head with the Algebra book.

You need a margarita.

:iagree: I have strawberry margaritas made up in my fridge, I'll pass one over.

1. Any woman attempting to teach algebra to a whiney 13 year old male, should be allowed the insanity plea no questions asked. :iagree:

I have every intention of asking my defense attorney to request that the prosecutor try to teach ds an algebra lesson in front of the jury.

HE ATE FIVE BAGELS WHILE I WAS HELPING THE 10 YEAR OLD WITH SPELLING! Do I have to say more??????

!

One question. What is my son doing at your house?

Guest ME-Mommy

We went out to Pizza Hut the other night -- something we RARELY do. My 11 yo ds ate 2 breadsticks and 5 pieces of "Big Italy" 3-topping pizza. Less than an hour later, as we're strolling through Wally World, he announces that he's hungry!!:blink:

How can that possibly be?? I was beginning to think he had a problem...but you've all assured me he is somewhat "normal". :lol:

1. Any woman attempting to teach algebra to a whiney 13 year old male, should be allowed the insanity plea no questions asked.

Dh is now involved.....just possibly I might not go to jail.

Faith (whose day was already insane because the three pigs that had to be loaded for a trip to the butcher house were apparently tipped off by the other barnyard animals and went completely ape....four adults, several sheets of 4x8 plywood formed into a maze of chutes, much cajoling and feed later, covered in dirt, mud, and pig doo, and two hours of back breaking, breathless pig adventures later, they were off....and then the pressure canner decided not to work which only took two hours and dh's many consultations in order to get it working while kidney beans waiting in pots on the stove waiting to be over done!!!!!!!!!!)

Chocolate and a Hot Toddy......nobody better bother me!

Hmm.. well on the bright side at least you'll enjoy every minute of those pigs. As you savor the bacon you'll remember today! LOL

The root of all your problems is gluten. Just get rid of the gluten and all of your wildest dreams will come true.

:D Just kidding. :D Yes, I am a naughty girl.

When I have days like that I wonder why I didn't start out with the stiff drink. I hope your evening is better.

Wow, that is a lot of bagels! I thought my 6 year old DS was bad with eating a bowl of cereal, a bagel, a yogurt cup, and oatmeal for breakfast. Some days I'm amazed at how much he eats--but he's skinny! I have to buy him slim pants that have the adjustable straps because even the slims still fall down.

They do turn 14yo and suddenly algebra makes much more sense to them. How do I know this? Look at my sign.line.

He STILL eats and eats and eats and claims to be hungry whenever we turn to do a subject.....

Hang in there. Blink and he'll be out the door, calling and asking if you can buy him a futon for his dorm room and take him shoe shopping......

Can I have one too? Please?????

We went out to Pizza Hut the other night -- something we RARELY do. My 11 yo ds ate 2 breadsticks and 5 pieces of "Big Italy" 3-topping pizza. Less than an hour later, as we're strolling through Wally World, he announces that he's hungry!!:blink:

How can that possibly be?? I was beginning to think he had a problem...but you've all assured me he is somewhat "normal". :lol:

Oh yea!!!! Totally normal. And, expect it to get MUCH worse. I've now got two teenagers and I'm going broke. The each eat four eggs for breakfast (on two pieces of toast with cheese, spinach, and tomatoes and sometimes sausage). The oldest also usually eats a bowl of oatmeal. They're both hungry an hour later. Ugh.

Can I have one too? Please?????

Oh yea!!!! Totally normal. And, expect it to get MUCH worse. I've now got two teenagers and I'm going broke. The each eat four eggs for breakfast (on two pieces of toast with cheese, spinach, and tomatoes and sometimes sausage). The oldest also usually eats a bowl of oatmeal. They're both hungry an hour later. Ugh.

You mean you can distinguish individual meal times and it isn't just constant food intake???

I WANT A FEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I am assuming your ds is close to 14. 14 yob's eat nonstop, literally, and grow a ton. For a treat I bought Trader Joes organic, cane juice sweetened pop tarts as my then 14 yos felt deprived because he never got pop tarts and never had Captain Crunch. :001_huh: He didn't appreciate the freshly milled flour which was used to make home baked goods? Anyway, back to the pop tarts. He ate SIX BOXES. SIX POP TARTS PER BOX.:cursing::cursing::cursing: I learned to hide treats or lock them in the car. Dh and I eat them in the car. :D

And he's still thin, thin, thin.

He turned 15 in August, is now almost 6'2, and isn't eating even close to what he did over the summer. He told me yesterday he weighs 180 lbs! I find this IMPOSSIBLE because he's so skinny.... but he's solid.

Oh.My! You had me laughing so hard that my husband had to come see what was going on. Now keep in mind, he's a middle school science teacher (and tutors in math), so he could totally vouch for your defense claims! LOL! Thank you for the good laugh....enjoy your evening. Hope algebra goes more smoothly tomorrow.

Faith (whose day was already insane because the three pigs that had to be loaded for a trip to the butcher house were apparently tipped off by the other barnyard animals and went completely ape....four adults, several sheets of 4x8 plywood formed into a maze of chutes, much cajoling and feed later, covered in dirt, mud, and pig doo, and two hours of back breaking, breathless pig adventures later, they were off....

BTDT...this is precisely why my husband and I love the mobile slaughter guy that will come to the farm!

Krista