Menu

Need Advice...Windows/TOG/Lightning Lit 8

silliness7

I posted this on the High school board but thought I'd try here too.

My oldest is currently doing Lightning Lit 8. Next year I've decided to go with TOG for his history and literature credits.

I already own and have a great desire to do Windows to the World with him but I don't know where to squeeze it in and what to leave off?

Since it's a 1 semester course we could do it 2nd semester this year and leave off the last half of Lightning Lit 8.

Or we could do it 1st semester next year and leave off the first half of TOG's literature. I don't know how that would affect the English credit that they have so nicely laid out. I've never done TOG before but we'll be in Year 4 with history so that's where we'd pick up with it if that matters.

Any other options that may work...combining? EEK!! That scares me. But if someone has done it and can share what that looked like I am all ears.

Any thoughts from anyone who has worked with any of these programs and can give input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I already own and have a great desire to do Windows to the World with him but I don't know where to squeeze it in and what to leave off?

Since it's a 1 semester course we could do it 2nd semester this year and leave off the last half of Lightning Lit 8.

Do you mean the book Windows on the World by Daphne Spraggett and Jill Johnstone? TOG actually schedules the upper level text called Operation World, so you could just kick back and wait for it to show up in TOG.

Heather

Hi Rebecca. I can tell you are really struggling over this question, wanting to do it all. In case it helps, I have posted more of a response to your thread about using/cutting LL8 here, and a response with ideas on how to balance LL8, WttW, TOG4 and Elegant Essay here.

BEST of luck in making the decision that will give you peace. Warmest regards, Lori D.

I'm going to follow Lori's suggestion of doing LL8 as written and incorporating Windows to the World (a lit program from IEW) in 9th grade when we start TOG lit.

I'd love to hear from any TOG users who have merged the two programs. We'll be starting in Year 4 due to our history line-up.

Thanks again to Lori for solving my most immediate problem. :001_smile: