Menu

Help fashion police....

melik

Darker...I finally figured out that my legs look more shapely and therefore I look slightly taller if I wear dark, dark brown or black hose....and in the winter I wear tights if I must wear skirts or dresses.

From the time the snow thaws until the cold of winter, I go bare legged. Less money, more comfortable, and forces me to exfoliate my lizard skin and moisturize!!!

Faith

Wow those are really different answers! Still at a loss. I usually wouldn't wear any hose, I hate them. But.....it's chilly here today and my legs are pasty white :ack2:.

Anyone else? :bigear:

Meli

I guess I'd go nude then-not orange or tan. Just a good nude that gives your legs some color. Or brown that matches your outfit-monotone is very flattering and works weel in the Fall.

Edited by OregonNative

OP - since mine was the only "dissenting opinion", I actually looked this up on a fashion advice site.

Here's what it said: "You'll look taller and trimmer by matching the color of your hose to your shoes and your hem. Wearing a black skirt and shoes? Opt for sheer black hose. Have a bright blue dress and taupe shoes? Go for the taupe-colored hose."

I concede to the majority (and will never again make this fashion faux pas). ;)

Sorry but unless you are stick thin,or unless the legs are bare or nude, they should never be in tights/leggings lighter then the skirt. Go darker it is much more slimming and adult looking.

:iagree: 100%. The cream tights would be a huge no-no. Either brown or nude or bare legs.

Sorry but unless you are stick thin,or unless the legs are bare or nude, they should never be in tights/leggings lighter then the skirt. Go darker it is much more slimming and adult looking.

Nor darker than the shoes.

Are we making it harder for you?

Personally I would look for a pair of super sheer stocking tinted brown in the same shade as your shoes for a somewhat monochromatic look. May have to shop at a higher end department store or lingerie shop to find these. Or perhaps online.

Cream stockings are very 80s to me, and will visually chop you up and make you look shorter.

JMO.

For the current fashions, panty hose are OUT OUT OUT. Bare legs or tights are IN IN IN.

So, if you want to be fashion forward, it's either tights or nothing.

So, I guess I'd not spend the money on sheer stockings, but go for a quality sunless tanning lotion instead....

Tights only if it's on the casual side and your brown shoes are flats or loafers. Again, JMO.

I dress like a bum, have 6 kids, and live in pajama-esque clothing but I like fashion. So: I agree, nylons are out. Opaque tights are in. I actually wore black tights to church this morning.

With brown, teal tights would be fun. Cream would be acceptable, especially if you had a leopard print scarf or shoes to go with your outfit. Mustard/gold (not shiny gold) tights woud be fun. Black with brown bugs me but is acceptable these days.

If one chooses brown from head to toe, herringbone or other patterned tights would add interest to an otherwise plain outfit. Or if you choose monochrome (which is thinning), a large statement necklace or scarf would make all the different between boring and WOW.

If you just want a bit of warmth without drawing too much attention, nude fishnet pantyhose can add interest. They don't look trashy like the black fishnet can but the texture removes the granny connotation.