Menu

Anyone use National Geographic CDs?

lavender

I saw these at Sams Club the other day. Does anyone know of a history/geography lesson plan or curriculum that would go with these cds? GBA has lesson plans for the older versions of these cds, that are no longer in print. Has anyone ever used GBA's plans for Nat Geo?

Or has anyone come up with their own way of using these cds in their homeschool?

I would really LOVE to use them, but I really don't know how to implement. :confused:

Lavender

These are computer cd-roms, I think it is the 110 year edition? If they were dvds, I think it would be easier to come up with something to tie it into our current history (veritas). I think my issue is that, because they are for the computer and almost encyclopedia-like, I'm having a hard time trying to tie things into a workable plan. :confused:

Lavender

Yes, thats exactly it, all 100-and-something years worth of their magazines on multiple computer disks. :D

I would love to be able to incorporate these somehow into a geography or maybe history unit or lesson plans.....but how??? :confused:

GBA offers something similar, I think something approaching a lesson plan per grade level, but I don't know of anyone who uses GBA or GBA geography.

Anyone? :bigear:

Lavender

I've seen these at library book sales -- I didn't buy them but it could be useful if you're looking for articles about something or other.

That being said, I did observe that this part of the NG website for educators actually has a lot of reprints freely available of articles about different parts of the world. Which of course I can't find right now!

If you wanted to do some historical study, it would be especially good to have 100 years of magazines, though, more so than just the more recent coverage.