Menu

Happiness is...

Happiness is two kinds of ice-cream....finding your skate key....telling the time.

Happiness is finding a nickle.....tying your shoe for the very first time.

Happiness is playing the drum in your own school band....and happiness is walking hand in hand.

Happiness is singing together when day is through.

And Happiness is those who sing with you.

Happiness is morning and evening...daytime and night-time too.

For happiness is anyone and anything at all that's loved by you.

Anyone else remember this song? It was from the musical stage production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" staring Gary Burgdorff (from MASH).

This was all I remembered right off the bat, but there are a lot of verses. There is one about "Happiness is finding a fire-fly.....setting him free." It's great! One of my favorite songs and so appropriate.

Happiness is...

putting the girls to bed without them popping back once

seeing that my husband's flight home after a business trip is on-time

a great cup of coffee and a fresh, crispy croissant

a perfectly brewed cup of tea

hearing the girls playing quietly, humming to themselves, perfectly content

the distinct sound of digging through a bin of Legos

the sound and feel of library book plastic wrap (weird one, I know...it's just one of those me things...)

perfectly-baked bread

going to bed early and waking up early the next day, refreshed

Happiness is two kinds of ice-cream....finding your skate key....telling the time.

Happiness is playing the drum in your own school band....and happiness is walking hand in hand.

Anyone else remember this song? It was from the musical stage production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" staring Gary Burgdorff (from MASH).

This was all I remembered right off the bat, but there are a lot of verses. There is one about "Happiness is finding a fire-fly.....setting him free." It's great! One of my favorite songs and so appropriate.

Oh! I used to LOVE that! I haven't thought of it in EONS!

The other day as I was scrubbing filthy baseball pants, I was thinking that happiness is a brand-new bar of FELS NAPHTHA soap!

I was going to quote it too!

I was in a production of this when I was 9. I played Woodstock and got to wear yellow feathers in my hair. I was the only elementary school student with a named part (a few others were in the chorus) and I thought I was sooo cool to be in with all the middle and high school kids.

Waking up with the birds in the morning, well before dawn, and listening to the magpies warble. You would have to hear them to believe how beautiful a sound they make. I never mind them waking me up.

Spring- ducklings, sunshine, shedding stuff like sweaters and lots of clutter.