Menu

So stuck....and getting frustrated.

I started following Dr Oz's diet plan last July. I had lost 45pounds. I still have 50 more to loose (Doctor said more. I just laughed at him.) It is just getting very frustrating. I am excercising, watching what I eat mostly, but still can't get more weight off.

So if any of you have been in the same boat, send me your advice.

Try this for one week to jump start yourself into losing again:

Eat *all* whole grains. I suggest you eat 1 c. oatmeal or 1/2 c. Fiber One cereal, 1 c. brown rice, and 2 slices high fiber whole grain bread, every day.

Eat 2 pieces of fruit a day, and 3 times during the week, drink 3/4 c. OJ.

Eat as many very low calorie veggies as you can fit into your stomach -- with no calories added. Frozen veggies are convenient for this, such as a 10 oz. box of Birds Eye broccoli, or the new steamed microwaveable veggies (not the kind with sauce added).

Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Eat no sugar except what is already in naturally in the food.

Eat only 2-3 4 oz. servings of boneless skinless chicken or fish during the week. On days you don't eat meat, make sure you eat beans and peas.

At most, for dairy drink 1 cup of skim milk and/or eat an ounce of 75% lower fat cheese, per day.

Input your food at http://www.fatsecret.com and make sure you keep your fat calories very low.

Make sure you eat no more than 10g a day of saturated fats. You will have to read labels on your food or on the labels at fatsecret.com.

Keep your caloric intake at 1200 - 1300 per day, no less.

Make sure you take at least a multivitamin daily.

This is easier than it sounds because there is hardly any food prep. You won't go hungry because you can eat low cal veggies in unlimited amounts. Also, if you eat a cup of oatmeal for breakfast, it will keep you feeling full for a long time.

You've done a great job so far!

Hang in there - how long has the plateau been? I was stuck (in the middle of my 15-lbs-so-far) for about 2 1/2 weeks. I stepped up my exercise a bit, and I also noticed that I had gotten away from drinking water during that time.

This isn't much help, but I wanted to say good job, and hang in there!