Menu

S/O Anyone adding a subject?

MissKNG

My 11yo has really been interested in learning sign language so this year I'm helping her find materials and letting her go at it to see how far she gets! Not a formal addition to her schooling, but she wants to do it all the time and I have to remind her to finish the basics *before* she does her signing stuff.

We've just finished our second week, so we're still getting up to full steam. The older two also haven't started Writing yet, and I forgot to give youngest dd her Penmanship book, which is up on a shelf. Those we should start next week.

Right now there's no Art, but I'm hoping to add that sometime in the spring. One of my olders did Latin over the summer - it's on hiatus now, but she may add it in later this year. And supposedly I have plans to do Poetry at some point - hope springs eternal!

This fall is very busy - we've got Robotics Club, the Nutcracker, and an Economics course, all of which are over in November. I'm hoping to add some of the other stuff after those are off the schedule.

We'll be adding MCT's Building Poems with Figuratively Speaking at least once a week, starting next week. I also hope to add beginning French for 15min or so each day, utilizing the Galore Park "So You Really Want to" books and CD. I had a gazillion years of German....

I'm still trying to figure out what we're going to do about flute this year (she had one year at private school last year). Older Sister can give her lessons but I really want to find an ensemble for her.

We added "Getting Started With Spanish" once I realized it was out. We loved the Latin book, and I knew from that experience that GSWS would only take 10 or so minutes a day. I'm considering having them do Spanish I as an outside class next year, and I thought this would be a nice, gentle introduction. So far it's going well :).

SBP