Menu

Singapore Math Tests

ReneTL

Dd is finishing 2A. I don't have her do tests, but she does have to do the WB problems alone and I mark any that are wrong for her to fix. I tell her that her performance on reviews will determine if we move forward or if we'll have to redo the unit. I sit with her to do the IP problems because she finds the layout overwhelming, and to be honest, I do think it's too crowded and print intense for a 7yo. We do those problems orally.

I use the reviews. I tell my 7 yo - you have 20 minutes to do these 4 - or 6 - pages. She finished before that, but it is a "timed" test. If she finishes early - which she does - I tell her to go review, and make sure she did not skip any - we had a problem with this before.

Are there any test books to buy from the Singapore website?

I believe there are tests that go with the new CA standards edition. We use the reviews as test, in fact, we just had one today :). At the end of the book, I use the placement test to determine if she's ready to move onto the next book. Hope that helps!

I purchased the tests for mine, (1a, 2a, 3b) and we are doing "test day" on Friday. However, I find that there are so many tests that I end up skipping many of them. I think I will use the skipped tests as extra practice or review... My son has struggled with some of the standard unit conversions, so I plan to go through some of these later in the year just to build confidence. That's my plan, anyway! We'll see how it goes. :-)