Menu

My cooktop died and I need a new one... any suggestions

I do not have a gourmet kitchen, so a nice cooktop that isn't in the high end category would be great. I don't know where to begin looking but I'm trying to do all my dinner on a little plug in burner and I'm about to pull my hair out. I cook so much on the stove and very little in an oven. What a day!

How funny. I was just looking up ranges except I'm just the opposite of you. My oven gave out but the burners still work. I use my oven a lot but have been making due with my crockpot and a little apartment-size oven in the basement.

To answer your question, I was just looking at Lowes website but have no idea what to get either.

I had a very old stove when I first was married. After a very short period time the only thing that worked was one burner. I received three crock-pots for wedding gifts!!! They came in very handy! My crock-pot became my best friend!!

I had bought a cookbook full of meals you can make in a crock-pot. It's amazing what you can make in a crock-pot!!! Meats, soups, veggies, deserts and more!

I lost that book after we moved and I would love to have it again! :001_unsure:

Dh said we'll have to make do without burners for a bit. There is no time to work on this problem. Then he went off on a scout outing. At dinner I went to turn on the oven and .... the oven must have been on the same circuit because- no oven! Once the cooktop is removed I'll get an oven back. That was the crowning grace to a very stressful week. That put me over the top. Now it is so insane that I can only laugh. I put tomorrows meat in the crock pot.