Menu

HOD Creation To Christ

jg_puppy

I am starting to think about next year for my then 6th grader. I am currently leaning towards either OM6 or HOD CTC. I know a few people are using CTC this year. Are any of you blogging about it? Are you adding or changing anything? My dd loves to read so I know I will likely add some more books. What do you think of the program so far?

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a wee bit old, but in case you are still around, I thought I'd share.

We are on Unit 6 of Creation to Christ. My son is enjoying his history, Bible, and science readings. We don't do all of CTC. When I started looking into it I panicked because it looked like too much. I had several wise ladies from here share with me that they are not doing it all...which lightened up the pressure I was putting on myself to do it all. We have not done the daily painting. We did two projects, but we did them on a Friday. Friday is our catch up and relaxed day. He also hasn't done any out loud poetry readings, history projects, or science projects. We seem to have a full schedule without any of this (5 plus hours with math and grammar). We do not use DITHOR or their dictation. I did try their dictation for a few weeks, but with him, I felt like I was gaining more ground by sticking with AAS. We use MUS instead of Singapore. I think my son just works a bit slow, plus he's quick to daydream and that takes up quite a bit of time.

HTH,

Alison

I know this is a wee bit old, but in case you are still around, I thought I'd share.

We are on Unit 6 of Creation to Christ. My son is enjoying his history, Bible, and science readings. We don't do all of CTC. When I started looking into it I panicked because it looked like too much. I had several wise ladies from here share with me that they are not doing it all...which lightened up the pressure I was putting on myself to do it all. We have not done the daily painting. We did two projects, but we did them on a Friday. Friday is our catch up and relaxed day. He also hasn't done any out loud poetry readings, history projects, or science projects. We seem to have a full schedule without any of this (5 plus hours with math and grammar). We do not use DITHOR or their dictation. I did try their dictation for a few weeks, but with him, I felt like I was gaining more ground by sticking with AAS. We use MUS instead of Singapore. I think my son just works a bit slow, plus he's quick to daydream and that takes up quite a bit of time.

HTH,

Alison

Thank you. Your post was helpful. I have decided to go with HOD CTC for my dd next year. I am planning on tweaking it a little and it is good to hear how someone else has made it work. I am planning on using AAS with my dd as well. I am considering adding CLE math because she needs more practice than just Singapore.

Jan