Do you make your husband's lunch?  

1. 1. Do you make your husband's lunch?

• Yes, everyday.
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely or on special occasions
    • Never, he makes his own
    • Never, he doesn't take a lunch from home
    • Other

I voted, "never, he makes his own." He usually packs leftovers from dinner the night before. Or, he just buys something at the cafeteria at his work (they have an awesome cafeteria: organic, grass-fed beef, pastured poultry).

I make breakfast for the family every morning... dont have time for lunch.

I provide a big basket of breakfast bars, fruit, yogurt, muffins...basically your on your own for breakfast. For his lunch...after dinner I divide up the leftovers in three of those tupperware like plates and pop them in the refrig for the next day and he will grab one and take it with him for lunch and Ron and I will eat the leftovers the next day for our lunch.

No I don't! I did a few times, and the beastie left it on the bench! The last time, I put it in his backpack for him, and he still left it on the bench. How can that happen?

Actually, I did make some fruit salad to take to share at work the other day because they've been doing so much overtime and his boss is feeling really bad about it. I think the combination of it being a cheer up for the office, and me threatening him with bodily harm if he forgot it, ensured it arrived at it's destination.

Rosie

I answered 'sometimes' but only because he is frequently at home at lunchtime. When he worked out of the house every day I tried packing a lunch, but he almost always forgot to bring it with him. Eventually I gave up. Now if dh is home and I'm 'cooking' lunch - quesadillas, french toast, etc - I'll prepare for him too. If I'm just making sandwiches, I let him make his own.

Other because he is often home and I might make our main meal at lunchtime if I feel like it, or include him in whatever i am making for the kids. Not always though, because i tend to make a meat meal for the kids at lunchtime- dh is vegetarian, so I will make a vego dinner.

I dont make his lunch generally speaking. I generally do make dinner.

I voted sometimes, because he doesn't always come home for lunch. On the days he comes home, yes, I make lunch for him. Many mornings I will make breakfast for him, too. That depends on whether or not he leaves the house before 6am. Before 6 usually equals no breakfast from me, but it also usually means he's running before work and wouldn't want to eat anyway.

I don't make his lunch usually, only on super-rare occasions when he's running very late. We're on a tight morning schedule here with two kids to get to two different high schools. I get up at 6am, drink a cup of coffee, then put everything that could make a lunch onto the kitchen counter. When I am showering, the kids and dh will assemble their lunches from that bounty ;)

After dinner when I put leftovers away (and we almost always have leftovers but I call them "planned-overs"), I'll apportion the food into single servings. That makes it easy for the lunch packers.

Dh works from home some days and is often the one who makes lunch for me!

If I do not make my husband's lunch, he eats out. Same goes for breakfast. This is despite the fact that we cannot afford for him to spend $13 a day, on average, eating 2 meals in restaurants, 7 days a week, 362 days a year.

Therefore, I make his lunch. It so happens that making lunches is the chore I dislike the most. This is partly because I have no choice and partly because I don't like making sandwiches, no matter who it is for.

A grown-man is perfectly capable of making his own sandwich or packing up some leftovers. Hubby always takes a lunch - I am in charge of making sure there is either lunch meat or leftovers available, and fruit.

I am not his Mommy.

The only lunch I make for anyone other than self is that of SillyAutismBoy. He COULD make his own, but it would take him so loooooong he'd have to get up 30 minutes earlier which would upset the dynamics of the morning (SAB can't eat if anyone else is in the dining room/kitchen and he already takes 45 minutes to do that!). He'd miss his bus to school if he made his lunch (he is at a school for special needs.) This guy does nuke own leftovers or make his own jam sandwiches, etc. on non-school days.

Any fully capable adult, though, should make their own lunch!!!

Edited by JFSinIL

Yes, I do now. Didn't for the longest time. I happened to do it out of the blue one day and he just about fell over himself thanking me for getting it ready for him. So now I do it most week days. He doesn't ask me to make it and if I don't he'll just do it himself. But he is so appreciative when I do. It's one of those silly things to me (and I could care less about someone making my lunch) but to him it's a sign that I love him. Weird man. :lol:

and he's perfectly capable of making his own lunch, I still make his lunch.

I have a dear friend who said her husband was a grown man and perfectly capable of making his own lunch, doing his own laundry, etc....and chided me for doing these tasks for my husband.

She would complain that when she came home from a trip (she was a flight attendant) that he would not help her lug her bags up the stairs to their bedroom. I told her, "perhaps he thinks you are perfectly capable of carrying your own bags?"

After the divorce, she told me he preferred to take care of himself in intimate ways too rather than to involve her.... I'm sure he was perfectly capable. ;)

To each there own.

I'll make him a plate IF he is eating what we are, but usually he makes himself a salad. If I do make him a plate though it is because he is running late and I am trying to help him out. He'd do the same for me.

I fail to see the comparison with the flight attendant story. I don't help people do things that are easy for them to do themselves. I *do* help people do things that are difficult or tedious. I am happy to take turns mowing, especially if dh is having to work on the weekend. He helps fold laundry which I find tedious. I'd rather mow every single day than fold laundry!

I do fix his lunch and he comes home for lunch everyday to do math with the kids. I am very blessed that he is very smart in math and sciences AND he wants to help. I also fix his breakfast - sometimes just a bagel with cream cheese, but he appreciates it. I would not have it any other way :)

I voted sometimes.

I'm a jerk though. Wolf told me early on in our marriage that my making his lunch makes him feel special and cared for. I had the attitude that he's an able bodied adult male, perfectly capable of making his own lunch.

I still completely forget to make it. He doesn't say anything, but I feel like a heel for NOT making a point of it, since it matters to him, and he does so much for me. :blushing::(

I voted sometimes but it is really more like usually. On days where he works, I pack some leftover supper as I am putting away the rest of the leftovers. When he works nights, I cook earlier than normal and pack his as the rest of the plates are being prepared. Sometimes when he is off, he just has a sandwich or something that he fixes himself.

Yes, I do make his lunch which I serve to him before he leaves for work. Since he works second shift I pack his lunchbox which is technically his supper. Poor guy is on his own for breakfast thou because our school day is in full swing by the time he gets up.

It has been this way since I quit working outside the home. Back in the days when I was working we took turns cooking (and cleaning) and everyone packed their own lunches. I figure it's only fair that I should make things easier for hubby at home since he is willing to take on every financial need our family has so that I can stay home. I think it may be partly because I quit working recently that I understand how wonderful it is to spend what little time a working (outside the home) person has to spend at home on more important things and let those who are at home more take care of most of the "house work".

BTW, there was a time in our marriage when I was working and hubby was not and he did the same thing for me. Supper on the table when you get home and clean laundry hanging in your closet is wonderful! *sigh*

Edited by LazyDazy

Yes, I do make my dh's lunch everyday. It is cheaper and much healthier!

In a 1 month span, he "may" buy his lunch out 1-2 times at a Burger King for a splurge. Because it obviously is not as healthy and that would be an extra $5/per meal.

I pack him a sandwich: lunch meat, chicken, egg OR tuna salad (lettuce, tomato), baked chips, fruit and cookies. Sometimes I'll pop in carrots and olives. I need to get back to making my homemade bread and cookies to further make it healthier. He won't eat a lettuce salad for lunch, but will for dinner. And, I need to give him more veggie choices for lunch too.

Wow...long answer just for a lunch. :lol:

No.

When we were first married, I tried. I packed him a lunch every day. Then, one day I hopped into his truck. When I opened the door, loads of nasty, uneaten lunches rolled out. :001_huh::glare: Since then I have never made another. His mom thought I was horrible for not making them. I figured if he was hungry, he could fend for himself.

ETA: now that he works from home he usually just grabs a hunk of cheese out of the fridge..lol.

A grown-man is perfectly capable of making his own sandwich or packing up some leftovers. Hubby always takes a lunch - I am in charge of making sure there is either lunch meat or leftovers available, and fruit.

I am not his Mommy.

The only lunch I make for anyone other than self is that of SillyAutismBoy. He COULD make his own, but it would take him so loooooong he'd have to get up 30 minutes earlier which would upset the dynamics of the morning (SAB can't eat if anyone else is in the dining room/kitchen and he already takes 45 minutes to do that!). He'd miss his bus to school if he made his lunch (he is at a school for special needs.) This guy does nuke own leftovers or make his own jam sandwiches, etc. on non-school days.

Any fully capable adult, though, should make their own lunch!!!

And I should iron my own clothes, do my own dishes, wash and clean out my own car, but he does those things for me. :tongue_smilie: We have a partnership, not a parent/child relationship.

Edited by Mrs Mungo