Menu

Brag on yourself today....come on there's something!

We're all too hard on ourselves in 1-2-3 or more areas! We brag on our children, our husbands, family..but do we take time to realize the little breakthroughs that need some praise? Here's some cheers for all you future braggers!!:party:

My five brags today:

1. I've managed to cut down my Diet Dr. Pepper consumption from 10 a week to 2.

2. I swam 50 laps 3 days in a row...helped meet my 5 hours a week of cardio for this first week of GET FIT challenge we're doing in our family.

3. Spent less than $700 on food budget for a 30 day period....think I can get us down to $550-$600 without too much suffering!

4. Nabbed an incredible airfare deal to get our family to a cruise out of LA (kids sail free deal paying half!!) $158 RT from TN-LAX!! How am I paying for it? With the budget saved on food!!! Wow!!!

5. Went to bed before 10pm each night and woke early...

Oh yeah, I'm braggin!! (Now just don't look in my laundry room! :)) I think clothes have a max wash limit, just trying to extend their life is all.

Tara

O.K, I can't resist:

Jeremiah 9:24 "but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD."

but in the spirit of good fun, I'll add a few :)

grocery success here, too...I'm going to manage to stay at $600 for this month (all grocery and H&B for 7 people)

I'm completely on schedule for our 4th week of school.

This old dog is learning new tricks: I've read aloud to my kids every day this school year and I've faithfully done elementary science with my younger kids twice a week. Trust me, this is big. I'm not a fun mom at all.

I've learned how to sell on ebay over the last month, and just made a $155 sale that shipped out this a.m.

I've lost 17 pounds recently, but still working toward a few more.

I'm almost done cleaning all the blinds in my house.

MyCalling - wow! You deserve to brag!

Mine-

1. I am listening to my body and am resting more lately.

2. I am only 1 day behind in grading and I vow to get that caught up today or at least by the end of the week.

3. I am exercising every day even with the start of school (this was a huge worry and goal of mine).

I NEED to do this everyday. Not necessarily as a brag, but just a pat on the back (all my life I have struggled with not being good enough...ususally I would worry about all the things I didnt do today)

I am 8 weeks into homeschooling and I am doing a great job. I worked hard for this and it is paying off.

I have excercised everyday AND stuck to my diet.

I have kept up with the house and bills and other activites that need to be done while homeschooling.

I NEED to do this everyday. Not necessarily as a brag, but just a pat on the back (all my life I have struggled with not being good enough...ususally I would worry about all the things I didnt do today)

:grouphug: This is me too.

1. I made up a Unit Test on Egypt (which we've covered for the past 5 weeks) comprised of 40 questions. DS got 40/40 and DD got 39.5/40. After 2nd guessing myself like crazy this was the validation that I needed that I am doing a good job.

2. I have been doing all of my chores before eating breakfast in the morning. This had made me feel much better because I don't start the school day looking at a mess.

3. I have started every morning for the past 2 weeks hugging each of my kids, saying Good Morning, and telling them how happy I am to see them and that I'm looking forward to a great day. I can't tell you how drastically this has changed everyones mood.

Does it have to be something that just happened today?

I was feeling very badly that dh got up and left with us still asleep. This year, to save money on bus routes, his school start time was pushed very early.

I started this school year getting up and making him breakfast and getting his lunch ready to go so that he could sleep a little longer. I'm getting up about an hour to an hour and a half earlier.

He's been very appreciative of it.