Menu

We have accepted an offer on our house!!

Our heads are spinning. All the homes for sale in our subdivision have been on the market for over a year. Ours has been listed for only 2.5 months. I really didn't think we had a chance of selling it. We're pretty nervous about the appraisal - not sure when it will be yet. We think the house is priced well, but you never know until the appraisal.

There is so much to do, I hardly know where to begin.

Fun times ahead.:)

That is great news! Have you dropped the price from your original asking price? Or did you have it priced aggressively anyway? What do you think your home's selling points are?

Our home is on the market 3 months now, we've only been in it for almost 2 years, it was a new home.

Do you have another home picked?

We have had two showings and dropped the price twice.

One of the northern VA girls said they thought the market was picking up in the dc metro area.

It took longer for the market drop to hit our area, dfw metro.

That is great news! Have you dropped the price from your original asking price? Or did you have it priced aggressively anyway? What do you think your home's selling points are?

Our home is on the market 3 months now, we've only been in it for almost 2 years, it was a new home.

Do you have another home picked?

We have had two showings and dropped the price twice.

One of the northern VA girls said they thought the market was picking up in the dc metro area.

It took longer for the market drop to hit our area, dfw metro.

After 6 weeks on the market and no showings, we dropped our price to a very aggressive amount. We had 3 showings 2 weeks later. After a couple of more weeks, our 4th showing brought an offer. I really do think is was a combination of our price and our location.

I'm not sure what to think about the market here. I think the lower prices and interest rates is causing it to pick up a bit. Fortunately, we still came out ahead on our price. We are looking to rent for a year or so because we haven't found a house we want to purchase, and we don't want to rush into anything.

Hopefully, you'll have a buyer soon. Keeping a home in show condition is not easy while homeschooling.

After 6 weeks on the market and no showings, we dropped our price to a very aggressive amount. We had 3 showings 2 weeks later. After a couple of more weeks, our 4th showing brought an offer. I really do think is was a combination of our price and our location.

I'm not sure what to think about the market here. I think the lower prices and interest rates is causing it to pick up a bit. Fortunately, we still came out ahead on our price. We are looking to rent for a year or so because we haven't found a house we want to purchase, and we don't want to rush into anything.

Hopefully, you'll have a buyer soon. Keeping a home in show condition is not easy while homeschooling.

That's great you're coming out ahead on it. We will maybe squeak by, we just don't want to lose any money.

The interest rates, I don't think I have ever seen those so low.

Congratulations!